Forget six degrees of separation. In my community the ties that bind are umbilical cords. Midwives and doulas are so well-represented at gatherings it’s impossible not to run into someone that’s seen me push out a baby, someone I’ve watched do the same, or something of the sort.
Hannah Reasoner, for instance. Hannah is a DFW doula and massage therapist with a gift for acupressure (which in some circumstances she uses to stimulate labor!).
She’s also mother to nine month old Eli, whose morning glory-hued eyes are the inspiration behind her new blog, Intuitive Mothering. What is an intuitive mother? Lots of things, for sure, but in these early days it’s mostly the simple stuff: breastfeeding and babywearing.
“I have loved wearing my son since he was a brand new baby,” she recently wrote. “As he has grown, I have worn many styles of slings and wraps. Sadly, I hear many women say they aren’t into babywearing because they weren’t able to find the right “fit”. As a mother who knows the amazing benefits that accompany babywearing, I strive to help women learn to love and be completely comfortable wearing their babies from infancy to toddler.”
As part of her new site, Hannah opened a babywearing shop, full of comfy, easy-to-use wraps and slings.
Top 5 Reasons You Should Want a Moby
- You love snuggling while you vacuum
- It’s one-size-fits-all, so your husband can use it, too!
- You want to try the hug hold, and the 11 other ways this versatile carrier can be used
- Your brother has a boy scout badge in square knots and you want to show him up at Easter brunch
- You like to win things, because you’re competitive like that 🙂
Did I convince you?
Shop for Moby Wrap baby carriers on Amazon.com.