Easy Apple Sandwiches Recipe
Servings 6 sandwiches
- 2 medium apples (and an apple corer)
- 1 ½ cups chicken (shredded - about ¼ pound)
- 1 lemon
- 6 slices cheese (I use raw cheddar)
- sliced onion
- mayo ( I use my homemade mayo recipe)
- 6 slices bacon (optional - I often have some leftover from breakfast that I throw on top of the cheese)
- 6 leaves lettuce (optional)
Core apples using an apple corer and slice them into approximately 12 pieces - I sometimes end up with a few extra pieces, which I just serve on the side.
Cut the lemon into four pieces. Pick up one piece and give it a gently squeeze to release some of the juice. Rub the lemon on the outside of the apple to prevent browning and repeat
Put half of the apple slices on a plate and set aside the other half for later.
Divide the chicken equally between the slices on the plate.
Divide the cheese equally between the slices on the plate, then add additional toppings if desired.
Top the apple slices, bacon/deli meat, cheese and any additional toppins with the remaining apple slices to complete your sandwich, then serve.
Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg