Caesar Dressing Recipe
This creamy caesar salad dressing recipe is delicious over crisp romaine lettuce, and also makes a fantastic marinade for steak or chicken, dip for homemade chicken wings, or sauce for baked fish.
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use this recipe)
- 1 tsp fresh garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp plus 1½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- sea salt (to taste - the amount you need will vary based on whether you include anchovies)
- 2-3 anchovies or 1½ teaspoons anchovy paste (optional)
- milk or cream (to thin the dressing as needed)
Combine the parmesan, mayo, minced garlic, lemon juice, dijon mustard, pepper, and anchovies (if using) in a blender or a large-mouth mason jar if you have an immersion blender.
Blend the dressing together, then taste it and add milk/cream to thin or salt if needed. Drizzle over a grilled chicken caesar salad or use as desired.
Calories: 308kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 496mg | Potassium: 26mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 122IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 154mg | Iron: 1mg