What I’m Using InsteadMy husband and I both use Seed Synbiotic, which is a 2-in-1 prebiotic and probiotic. (Probiotic + Prebiotic = Synbiotic) Here’s why Seed is my top choice:
- Transparency – You know exactly what strains are included and in what quantities. (Because strain matters, and so does potency!) Here’s what Seed’s 24-strain blend includes:
- Digestive Health, Gastrointestinal Immunity & Gut Barrier Integrity Blend (17 research-backed strains)
- Dermatological Health Blend (5 research-backed strains)
- Cardiovascular Health Blend (3 research-backed strains)
- Micronutrient Synthesis Blend (2 research-backed strains)
- Microbiota-Accessible Prebiotic™ [MAP] Blend (prebiotics)
- Survivability – Seed uses nested capsules that are designed to survive the harsh environment of the stomach. Basically, there’s an inner capsule with beneficial bacteria that is nested inside an outer capsule filled with a liquid prebiotic that shields the bacteria from oxygen, moisture, heat, and stomach acid.
- Allergen-Free – It’s free of common allergens like dairy, gluten, and soy.
- Seed’s Chief Scientist, Dr. Gregor Reid, is literally the guy who coined the word “probiotic.” – In addition, their Scientific Advisory Board is made up of scientists, researchers, doctors and authors across the fields of microbiology, immunology, genetics, metabolomics, gastroenterology, pediatrics, molecular biology, and transcriptomics. They lead labs, teach at world-renowned academic institutions, and have among them 2800+ publications and over 140,000 citations in peer-reviewed scientific journals and textbooks.