This chicken fried steak recipe is a grain-free version of one of my favorite childhood meals. It’s like a great big southern hug with country-style gravy on top. We love it with mashed potatoes (or cauliflower fauxtatoes), green beans slathered in butter, and a big salad with homemade ranch dressing. Let’s get started, shall we?
Grain-Free Chicken Fried Steak
- Mallet TherapyIf you're working with cube steak most of the tenderizing has already been done, but give it a few whacks to thin it out a bit.Round steaks need a bit more work, but they should look something like this when you're done.
- PrepPlace whisked eggs in a medium bowl. In a separate medium bowl mix together almond flour, coconut flour, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and pepper.
- SoakPlace each steak in the bowl of whisked eggs and coat thoroughly.
- DredgeDredge steaks in the flour mixture.Set aside to rest for 3-5 minutes. While you're waiting go ahead and preheat a non-stick pan with enough oil to generously coat the bottom (use medium heat).
- FryPlace steaks in pan (if it doesn't sizzle it's not hot enough!) and fry on both sides until golden brown. Top with this creamy dreamy homestyle gravy and enjoy!