This recipe for hearty, soft granola bars is chock-full of dried fruit, nuts and the natural sweetness of honey and banana. If you love these cherry pie energy bars but want to mix things up every once in awhile, I think you’re going to love this recipe.
Apricots and figs work beautifully in these bars (and add a nice golden color), but you can use this recipe as a base and substitute any fruit and nuts you like. A batch makes 12 generous granola bars. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Fruit and Nut Granola Bar Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the honey or maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Stir in the oats.
- Use a food processor or knife to chop the almonds.
- Add the almonds and dried fruit to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan, spread evenly, and press to pack.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool and cut into bars.
What’s your favorite granola bar recipe?