Popeye may have been able to down a can of spinach in a single swallow, but many of us need a little more encouragement!
Enter this creamy, delicious spinach dip that’s easy to make up for a snack or appetizer.
Healthy Spinach Dip (Kid Approved!)
Don’t let this creamy cheesy dip fool you… it’s packed full of fiber, iron, folate, and vitamins A, C, and K thanks to a hefty helping of spinach.
Of course a dip needs chips, but if you’re avoiding grains or trying to up your veggie intake, here are some other tasty bites to serve on the side:
- cucumber slices
- carrot or celery sticks
- radish slices
- broccoli or cauliflower florets
- plantain chips
- sweet potato or vegetable chips
Creamy Spinach Dip Recipe
- 1 onion (medium sized)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp pastured butter
- 16 oz fresh or frozen spinach (or 10 cups fresh spinach leaves)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
- In a large pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the minced garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cream cheese and cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted and the cream cheese is melted and incorporated.
- Add the chicken broth and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and cook an additional 3 minutes.
What’s your favorite spinach dip recipe? Will you try mine?