Tame Flyaways, Add Texture And Channel . . .
A little vintage Hollywood glam with this easy DIY sculpting pomade featuring beeswax, shea butter, jojoba and essential oils. Or – if it’s not your thing – whip up a jar for the hipster guy in your life. Yep, it’s okay if he’s two.
This formula is light/medium hold, husband approved, and super easy. Ready to give it a try?
Homemade Hair Pomade (Sculpting Wax)
(All amounts are by weight)
- 1 ounce organic beeswax (where to buy beeswax)
- 1.5 ounces shea butter (where to buy shea butter)
- 2 ounces jojoba oil – This is a “dry” oil that keeps the formula from being too greasy. (where to buy jojoba oil)
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon essential oil
A Few Essential Oil Options
- Lime essential oils smells amazing, and is helpful for balancing oily hair. In a more concentrated form it may also lighten hair. (where to buy lime essential oil)
- Peppermint and rosemary essential oils stimulate hair growth and add shine. Great for normal hair. (where to buy peppermint essential oil, where to buy rosemary essential oil)
- Basil, thyme, patchouli, tea tree and lemongrass have astringent properties which are beneficial for oily hair
- Chamomile, lavender, sandalwood and rosemary are helpful for dry hair. (Sandalwood also makes amazing solid perfume with mixed with vanilla.)
- Clary sage, tea tree, eucalyptus, and patchouli are helpful for dandruff
- Melt beeswax in a double boiler over low heat
- When the beeswax is melted, add in shea butter
- When the mixture is melted, add jojoba and stir until just melted
- Pour mixture into a container and allow to cool slightly, then add essential oil
Rub a small amount between your fingertips until there are no lumps, then work through hair and style.
FREE Ebook: DIY Body Care Gifts Made Simple
Do you want to give gorgeous, handcrafted gifts for family and friends, without spending a bunch of time on them?
Then I’d love to give you a free copy of DIY Body Care Gifts Made Simple – my step-by-step guide to making gorgeous handcrafted gifts without stressing yourself out – as a gift for signing up for my newsletter. I’ll show you how to make vintage labels, luxurious lotion bars, lip balms, sugar scrubs, body sprays and more like a pro. Sign up for my newsletter and you’ll be redirected to the download page immediately!