Ruby Red Strawberries Folded In to cakey batter and topped with a crunchy, crumbly streusel? These delightful strawberry streusel muffins are a lovely way to celebrate the start of a new day, moving laundry from the washer to the dryer, or nothing in particular. They’re surprisingly easy to whip up, too!
Gluten-Free Strawberry Streusel Muffins
For the muffins:
- 2 cups almond flour where to buy almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour where to buy coconut flour
- 6 eggs preferably pasture-raised
- 1/2 cup honey where to buy honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract where to buy vanilla, how to make your own vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt where to buy sea salt
- 1 cup strawberries chopped (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- coconut oil or butter - to grease muffin pan where to buy coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease large 6-8 muffin cups with coconut oil or butter.
- In a mixing bowl or food processor combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix streusel ingredient and set aside.
- In yet another bowl whisk together eggs, honey, butter and vanilla, then add to dry ingredients and blend thoroughly. Gently fold in strawberries, then pour batter into 6-8 large cups. Pat tops down into rounded heaps and sprinkle with streusel topping. Bake for 30-40 minutes. The top should be springy yet firm when they're ready. Enjoy!