Moist and cakey, these lemon poppyseed muffins are like sweet little bursts of sunshine on a stay-in-your-pajamas rainy day . . . or a pop-out-of-bed and hit the road early day . . . or any day, really. Like my five-minute ketchup, super simple cauliflower crust, and homemade chicken nuggets, they’re easy enough to whip up while simultaneously discussing how many eyelids camels have (three) and whether or not all birds can fly (nope).
And of course, we’re using only real ingredients – not the partially hydrogenated oil, modified food starch, yellow number 5, and other stuff you’ll find on store shelves. I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Gluten-Free Lemon Poppyseed Muffin Recipe
- muffin pan
- medium bowl
- mixing bowl
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (divided)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 tsp poppy seeds
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup raw honey
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 2 tsp lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 2 tsp sucanat
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease nine muffin cups or line with cupcake wrappers and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all but 2 teaspoons of almond flour, coconut flour, salt, poppy seeds, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, vanilla, lemon extract, and lemon zest.
- Add the flour to the egg mixture and mix to combine.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups.
- Combine the cane sugar with the remaining almond flour and sprinkle over the top of the muffins.
- Bake for about 20 minutes in the preheated oven. The tops should be springy yet firm when they're ready.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.
More Yummy Gluten-Free Muffin Recipes
Blueberry Muffins – Moist and cakey, these grain-free muffins are delicious served warm and slathered in butter.
Strawberry Streusel Muffins – These muffins pair a rich, cakey batter with a crunchy, crumbly streusel topping, and they’re surprisingly easy to make.
Banana Walnut Muffins – These muffins only take about 5 minutes of hands-on prep, and they make a yummy breakfast or afternoon snack.
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins from Danielle of Against All Grain – Infused with cacao powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and chocolate chips, these zucchini muffins are perfectly moist and totally delicious.