Maybe it’s obvious from all the strawberry recipes I’ve shared – freezer jam, ice cream, and jello to name a few – but ripe, sweet strawberries are kind of a thing in my house. This recipe for strawberry muffins is one of my personal favorites. It pairs a rich, cakey batter with a crunchy, crumbly streusel topping, and it’s surprisingly simple to make.
I like to bake a batch to celebrate the start of a new day, moving laundry from the washer to the dryer, and sometimes nothing in particular. 🙂
I hope your family loves them as much as mine does!
Gluten-Free Strawberry Streusel Muffins
- Standard muffin tin
- Unbleached paper liners are optional but recommended.
For the muffins:
- Chop strawberries into small pieces and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the streusel ingredients and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the muffin dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, melted butter and vanilla, then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and them together. Gently fold in the strawberries with a spoon or spatula.
- Divide the muffin batter between nine cups. Use approximately 1/3 cup batter per muffin cup.
- If needed, pat the batter down into rounded heaps with lightly oiled hands. Next, sprinkle the streusel topping over the batter.
- Bake the muffins for 25-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. The top should be springy yet firm when they're ready. Enjoy!
More Yummy Gluten-Free Muffin Recipes
Blueberry Muffins – Moist and cakey, these grain-free muffins are delicious served warm and slathered in butter.
Lemon Poppyseed Muffins – These lemon poppyseed are super simple to make and so delish! My daughter helped perfect the recipe, which makes them extra special in our house.
Banana Walnut Muffins – These muffins only take about 5 minutes of hands-on prep, and they make a yummy breakfast or afternoon snack.
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins – This recipe from Nom Nom Paleo is super delish, and a great way to use up leftover pumpkin puree if you have it on hand.
Want more delicious, easy recipes?
No problem, I’ve created a free ebook for you – 35+ Gluten-Free Desserts – as a gift for signing up for my newsletter. Every Sunday you’ll get recipes, actionable health tips, and highly-vetted product recommendations delivered fresh to your inbox.
Sign up using the form below.