Hi, Mommypotamus here! Today the Potami clan is grilling brats on the beach at one of our favorite getaway spots. While I’m jumping over waves with my kids, Lexi of Lexi’s Clean Kitchen is sharing this recipe for cinnamon apple fritters. We made them this morning and they were amazing. Thank you for stopping by today, Lexi!
Apple picking and apple season in general is my favorite. I love not only the food, but the boots, sweaters, tea, scarves and so on! I especially love all things apple, from savory to sweet. So, when Heather invited me to share a recipe with you for late September, I knew it would be apple!
These easy cinnamon apple fritters are loved by adults and kids alike. They are easy to whip up and make for the perfect little treat . . . especially with a little dairy-free ice cream for a not-so-little treat? 😉
Think after school snack, after dinner treat, or hot spiced goodness paired with a pair of coffee over breakfast with friends!
Other Ways to Use Apples
- Slow cooker apples with salted caramel sauce – These “baked” apples can be quickly put together before bed, then the whole kitchen is filled a delicious aroma in the morning.
- Easy apple sandwiches with bacon – My husband was pretty skeptical of these when I first served them, but he LOVED them. They’re quick and easy to make and so delicious!
- Easy chicken salad recipe – This light and easy chicken salad recipe is my favorite ways to keep mealtime simple. It’s sweet with a bit of tang, and the apples and nuts give it just the right amount of crunch.
- Caramel apples – Did you know that you can make caramel apples from scratch with only THREE ingredients, including the apples!
- Easy Apple Crisp – Made with a scrumptious crisp topping layered over a filling similar to apple pie, this easy apple crisp recipe is one of my family’s favorite cool weather desserts.
Easy Cinnamon Apple Fritters Recipe
For the Apples:
- Peel, core, and slice the apples into 5 slices each.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the apple slices with lemon juice, cinnamon, maple or coconut sugar.
- Gently mix until all the apple slices are evenly coated.
- Set the apples aside.
For the Batter:
- Place 1 inch of coconut oil for frying in a skillet and heat.
- While the oil is heating, in another bowl prepare the batter by combining and mixing together the arrowroot, maple sugar, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- Add the eggs and maple syrup and stir to combine.
- When the oil is hot, work in batches dipping each apple slice into the batter and dropping gently into the oil to fry.
- Cook 1-2 minutes on each side then transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Repeat until all the apples are cooked.
For the Glaze:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until combined.
- Let apples cool slightly, then enjoy with the optional glaze listed above for breakfast or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert!
Have you ever made a healthy fried dessert? What’s your favorite?