Touted in the comments as “Holy, delicious Batman!” and “Worth making again and again and again,” my friend Loriel’s recipes have been a staple around here for awhile.
Today I’m thrilled to share her sweet and savory maple breakfast sausage recipe with you. It’s super simple and mouthwateringly delicious with a drizzle of maple syrup. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Maple Breakfast Sausage Recipe
- 1 pound lean pork halfway frozen cut into chunks* or 1lb ground pork if you don’t have a high powered blender
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
Using A High-Powered Blender
- In a high-powered blender, put half the meat followed by all the spices/ingredients and top with the other half of the meat. Pulse about 6-8 times (you want it lightly mixed but not pulverized. Form into patties and fry in a lightly oiled skillet until golden brown on each side.
Using Ground Pork
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix thoroughly. Form into patties and fry in a lightly oiled skillet until golden brown on each side.