Do you have a kid that picks at scrambled eggs? Don’t tell our chickens, but my kids are completely over a light, fluffy plate of golden-yoked goodness. And omelettes. Annnnnd hard boiled eggs. It’s not that they’re picky eaters… it’s just that the hens have been overachieving all summer.
They will be laying fewer eggs soon as the weather cools, but for now I’m pulling out some old favorites to help us enjoy the rest of the season. Bacon egg cups, breakfast casserole with cottage cheese, and the cheesy breakfast egg muffins below are at the top of the list.
Breakfast Egg Muffins with Cheese
These egg muffins are essentially just little omelettes baked in muffin cups. You can use whatever vegetables you like best, but we enjoy onions, bell pepper, zucchini, and a little jalapeño.
They only take about 10 minutes of hands-on time, my kids love them, I love that we’re making good use of what we have. They’re also super convenient on mornings we need to grab something and head out the door.
Here are some more flavor combinations if you need some inspiration.
Breakfast Egg Muffins With Cheese
Make breakfast egg muffins with vegetables and cheese for a quick, easy, and portable breakfast.
- 8 large eggs
- 1¼ cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup red onion (diced)
- ¼ cup red bell pepper (diced)
- ¼ cup zucchini (shredded)
- 1 tbsp jalapeno (minced, optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Place eight baking cups inside your muffin tin and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, beat the eggs.
- Mix in the cheese, salt, and chopped vegetables.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the baking cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Do you ever make breakfast egg muffins? What is your favorite combination?