This Southwest Potato Hash recipe is one of our favorites for Saturday brunch. It takes a little while to make, but it is oh-so-worth it. Goes great with scrambled eggs!
Southwest Potato Hash Recipe
- cheese grater or mandoline
- chopping knife
- 8" x 10" pan
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 2 to 4 tbsp bacon drippings (or coconut oil)
- ½ to 1 lb pastured bacon
- Preheat oven to 415° F
- Shred potatoes using a cheese grater or mandoline.
- Coarsely chop red bell pepper and onion
- Add potatoes, bell pepper and onion to an 8x10 pan
- Mix drippings/coconut oil with potato mixture until everything is thoroughly coated.
- Place in oven for 45 minutes or until thoroughly cooked
- While potatoes are baking fry the bacon in a pan. Once the bacon has cooled break it into small pieces and sprinkle over the potatoes. You an also add the bacon grease from the pan.