This Southwest Potato Hash recipe is one of our favorites for Saturday brunch. It takes a little while to make, but it is oh-so-worth it. Goes great with scrambled eggs!
Southwest Potato Hash Recipe
- cheese grater or mandoline
- chopping knife
- 8" x 10" pan
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 2 to 4 tbsp bacon drippings (or coconut oil)
- ½ to 1 lb pastured bacon
- Preheat oven to 415° F
- Shred potatoes using a cheese grater or mandoline.
- Coarsely chop red bell pepper and onion
- Add potatoes, bell pepper and onion to an 8x10 pan
- Mix drippings/coconut oil with potato mixture until everything is thoroughly coated.
- Place in oven for 45 minutes or until thoroughly cooked
- While potatoes are baking fry the bacon in a pan. Once the bacon has cooled break it into small pieces and sprinkle over the potatoes. You an also add the bacon grease from the pan.
Read My Comment Policy
I used to buy something like this in a frozen package so this is perfect! I’ll definitely be trying out this recipe! And topping it with shredded cheese if course… And hot sauce for the hubs 😉
Mmmmm . . . I like your additions. Think I will include them next time!
YUM! sometimes I enjoy making breakfast items for supper. I’ll def use this one in the near future.
Friendly Greetings to you from Yvette in Ontario, Canada. Thank you so much for posting these wonderful recipes, I am just now really enjoying your Arnica Cream diy recipe and video, and I look forward to making your yummy Southwest Potato Bacon Hash this weekend for brunch. Thank you for your efforts and the love you put into your posts. I look forward to reading your posts regularly and relish making your sumptuous-looking recipes. I wish you a lovely rest of the week, I know things can get busy, but please remember to set aside some quiet time for yourself to recharge and renew yourself. All the Best, I hope the week goes your way, Yvette 🌞🌻🌸