This fresh-churned coconut milk ice cream is rich in wholesome fats, collagen replenishing copper plus manganese, phosphorous, iron, magnesium, selenium and more.
It has a soft-serve consistency that kids – and adults – love, so go ahead and indulge. Let your mind wander back to hot summer days by the pool, or lazy afternoons in the hammock with a soft breeze, sun-dappled light and a good book.
Oh and as a bonus your kids just might start introducing you to random strangers with the phrase “This is my mommy. She makes ICE CREAM!” So yeah, there’s that. 🙂
Although it’s delicious on its own, it’s also super yummy with homemade magic shell, dairy-free caramel sauce, or chocolate ganache and chopped nuts.
Coconut Milk Ice Cream Recipe
- medium pot
- large bowlf
- fork or mixing spoon
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- 3 pastured egg yolks (save the whites for macaroons)
- 1-3 tbsp raw honey (depending on how sweet you like it)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla (or make your own vanilla extract with this recipe)
Method 1 (Extra creamy version):
- In a medium pot whisk egg yolks, honey, and salt together. Add coconut milk and whisk again until well combined.
- Place pot on stove over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 8 minutes. Be sure not to let the mixture boil. Remove pot from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Transfer contents of pot to a bowl and chill until cold. Process mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions then transfer to a container with a lid and freeze until firm (1-2 hours).
Method 2 (Soft serve version - ready in a jiff!):
- In a large bowl whisk yolks, honey, vanilla and salt together. Add coconut milk and whisk again until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions.
Bon appetit, y’all!