Sometimes being a good neighbor means lending a bit of cinnamon or sugar, and sometimes it means rolling up your sleeves and helping your local farmer/neighbor find a loving home for his surprise strawberry bumper crop. Like your kitchen counter . . . or more specifically your belly.
I’m doing my part, y’all, and as all kind of delicious fruits ripen this season I want you to be able to do yours, too. That’s why I’m sharing this super simple but delightful fruit pizza recipe. The crust is soft and buttery like these paleo sugar cookies – but sturdy enough to pile a lot of fruit on – and the homemade whipped topping is light, fluffy and delicious.
This recipe makes two crusts and enough topping for both because well, you’ll see. ♥
Fruit Pizza Recipe (Gluten-Free, Paleo)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz cream
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- fresh fruit (berries, kiwi, mango, pineapple, etc.)
To Make The Cookie Base
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- Combine almond flour, arrowroot flour and salt in a medium bowl. Add in the egg, maple syrup, butter and vanilla extract and stir until well-combined.
- Form the dough into a ball and place it in the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and place it on parchment paper. Rub a little butter between clean hands and form the dough into two flat crusts.
- Slide the crusts (with the parchment paper still underneath) onto a baking sheet and bake for 14 minutes. Allow to cool before decorating with the whipped topping and fruit.
To Make The Whipped Topping
- Using an electric mixer, whip the cream and maple syrup together until soft peaks form.
- Add in the cream cheese and whip again until well-combined.
- Spread over the fruit pizza and top with fruit.
- Slice each fruit pizza into six pieces (for a total of twelve pieces)/
Want more delicious, easy recipes?
No problem, I’ve created a free ebook for you – 35+ Gluten-Free Desserts – as a gift for signing up for my newsletter. Every Sunday you’ll get recipes, actionable health tips, and highly-vetted product recommendations delivered fresh to your inbox.
Sign up using the form below.