Have you ever tried to make whipped cream
. . . and accidentally made butter instead? Or attempted to create a grain-free version of your favorite bread pudding recipe and made bread soup instead? Oh . . . well . . . I did both of those things this week.
I also typed a “I CAN SEE YOU” into a public webinar I was participating in. I meant to send it as a flirty Skype message to my husband, who was waiting for me outside a coffee shop, but instead I just creeped out a bunch of parents who wanted to learn about positive parenting techniques. So basically it was a normal week.
Fortunately, my husband patiently ate his way through several batches of this gluten-free bread pudding until I got it just right. It’s rich, chock full of raisins and cinnamon, and delicious both hot and cold. Though you can serve it with whipped cream or drizzled in vanilla sauce (recipe below), it’s moist enough to enjoy on its own.
To make your coconut flour bread into bread pudding.
Gluten-Free Bread Pudding Recipe
- Lodge dutch oven (1.5 – 2 quart covered baking dish or dutch oven)
- medium mixing bowl
- small mixing bowl
- 8×8 inch baking pan
For the coconut flour bread:
To turn your coconut flour bread into bread pudding, you’ll need:
- 2 cups cream (preferably not ultrapasteurized)
- 2 tbsp pastured butter
- 14 tbsp sucanat (or coconut sugar -though coconut sugar will be less sweet)
- 4 pastured eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (how to make make vanilla extract)
- 1 batch coconut flour bread (recipe above, diced)
- ¾ cup raisins
For the coconut flour bread:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut flour salt and baking powder.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk eggs, coconut oil/butter and milk together
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the liquid and mix until there are no lumps. Pour mixture into a lightly oiled 8×8 inch baking pan and bake for about 30 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when you can insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean.
For the bread pudding:
- Melt coconut oil/butter in a medium-sized pot over low heat. When fully melted, remove from heat and add cream, eggs, sucanat/coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add coconut flour bread to your baking dish/Dutch oven. Sprinkle raisins over the top and mix them in a little, then pour the liquid in. If needed, dunk your bread cubes until they are fully coated in liquid.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour – 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the pudding is set in the middle.
The vanilla sauce is the final touch. Pour a generous spoonful of vanilla sauce over your warm bread pudding and enjoy!
- Place ingredients in a saucepan and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Set aside for 5 minutes, then pour on warm bread pudding.
Want more delicious, easy recipes?
No problem, I’ve created a free ebook for you – 35+ Gluten-Free Desserts – as a gift for signing up for my newsletter. Every Sunday you’ll get recipes, actionable health tips, and highly-vetted product recommendations delivered fresh to your inbox.
Sign up using the form below.