You know what goes well with a preschooler meltdown, the discovery of an unidentifiable squishy substance on the living room floor, and the realization that dinner is in T minus 30 minutes and you’re not sure what it’s going to be yet?
The crisp, clean “fresh laundry” scent of this homemade air freshener and linen spray recipe, because whether you’re spritzing it throughout the house as you put things away or sinking into your pillow for a good night’s sleep, it’s like an invitation to breathe deep and let go of the day’s stress.
The scent reminds me of line-dried sheets, ripe lemons and lavender, plus deeper notes like pine and sandalwood. It makes drifting off to sleep so much sweeter, brings a bit of crisp freshness into every room it’s used, and complements this Lemon & Lavender All-Purpose Cleaner well.
Tip: Children love to spray their own pillows, which can be helpful if they’re sometimes resistant to going to bed. Here are some other ways to help kids get a good night’s sleep.
Homemade Air Freshener And Linen Spray
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 10 drops lavender essential oil (where to buy it)
- 5 drops bergamot essential oil (where to buy it)
- 5 drops lemon essential oil (where to buy it)
- 3 drops pine essential oil (where to buy it)
- 1 drop sandalwood essential oil (where to buy it)
* Another relaxing essential oil can be used, but you’ll want to make sure that it’s clear so that it doesn’t stain your linens. I don’t recommend using oils such as sweet orange in pillow sprays because they have a slight yellow tint. It may not cause a problem, but I prefer to be on the safe side.
Make drifting off to sleep so much sweeter with a relaxing pillow spray. Pour essential oils and vodka into a 4 ounce spray bottle and shake well.
Spray on linens/pillows or use as a refreshing room spray.
Want a FREE ebook of non-toxic cleaning recipes that WORK?
I’ve created a free ebook for you as a gift for signing up for my newsletter. 7 Non-Toxic Cleaning Recipes That Really Work covers seven recipes that you can make in just a few minutes each for squeaky clean windows, sparkling dinnerware, lemon-fresh countertops, and more. Subscribe to my newsletter below and you’ll be redirected to a download page for immediate access to this PDF ebook.