This Italian seasoning recipe is a flavorful all-purpose blend for homemade pizza, meatballs, salad dressing, and other tried-and-true favorites. It’s got all the essentials – basil, oregano, thyme, marjoram, and rosemary – plus a few extra flavor additions like parley, garlic and onion powder.
Plus, like my homemade taco seasoning and other blends, you can customize it to your preferences. Think oregano is too overpowering in most store-bought blends? Dial it down. Can’t get enough basil ever? Dial it up.
Before we dive into the recipe, here are some ways to incorporate it into your kitchen.
9 Ways To Use Italian Seasoning
- Seasoning gluten-free croutons
- Mixing into marinades
- Adding to baked meatballs or lasagna
- Stirring into pasta sauce or pizza sauce
- Making Italian salad dressing
- Adding to soups
- Seasoning ground meat (use about 1 tbs per pound)
- Sprinkling over baked veggies
Homemade Italian Seasoning Recipe
- Place dried herbs and spices in a small bowl and stir until well-combined.
- Transfer seasoning to an airtight container – I use a mason jar – and store out of direct sunlight.
More Delicious Seasoning Mix Recipes
Cajun Spice Blend – This recipe is amazing as a dry rub for pan seared meat, sprinkled on hot french fries, stirred into ranch dressing, & more
Taco Seasoning – My husband calls this super easy seasoning “magic in a pan.” It’s perfect for tacos, taco salad, Mexican rice and fajitas.
Lemon Pepper Seasoning – In this recipe, the bright flavor of lemon melds perfectly with the deep, spicy notes of peppercorns. It goes well with chicken, seafood and veggies.