Love Reese’s peanut butter cups but not the corn syrup solids, nonfat milk and tertiary butylhydroquinone on the ingredient list? Yeah, me too. This real food version is super simple to make and tastes even better than the original . . . just ask my kids.
Actually scratch that, they’ve never actually had the original. Which reminds me – have I told you about the time I made them cherry limeades and had to explain what Sonic is? 🙂
If you’ve never tried it before, I highly recommend sprinkling the chocolate with a pinch of salt – it really makes the flavor pop! I used this delicious Makai Deep Sea Salt that was given to me as a gift.
Salted Chocolate Almond Butter Cups Recipe
- muffin tin
- large parchment paper baking cups
- In a small bowl, combine almond butter, 2 tablespoons coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Stir with a fork until well-combined and then pour 1 tablespoon into 8 muffin cups that have been lined with parchment paper cups. Place the muffin tin in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- After the first layer has been in the freezer for about 10 minutes, begin warming the chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons of coconut oil over low heat.
- When melted, remove the muffin tin from the freezer and place a tablespoon of the chocolate mixture into each cup. You may have a little left over after doing this – if that's the case, just divide the remaining liquid between the cups.
- Place the muffin tin back in the freezer and allow it to harden for at least 20 minutes, then sprinkle with salt and serve. If the cups have been in for several days or weeks, you may want to allow them to warm for a few minutes before eating. Enjoy!
Want more real food versions of childhood favorites?
Here are a few that I love . . .
- Homemade Magic Shell Recipe
- Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Hot Chocolate Mix With Homemade Marshmallows
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Easy, Creamy Chocolate Pudding
More Delicious, Easy Recipes
As a thank you for becoming a subscriber, I’ve created a free ebook for you – 35+ Gluten-Free Desserts. You’ll get instant access, and then every Sunday you’ll get recipes, actionable health tips, and highly-vetted product recommendations delivered fresh to your inbox.
Sign up using the form below.