What’s better then a warm, ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookie? The same cookie in under twenty minutes, of course! These paleo chocolate chip cookies from my friend Caroline are one of my family’s tried-and-true favorites, right up there with our paleo sugar cookies.
Oh, and did I mention that they make the entire kitchen smell like happiness?
All you’ll need are a handful of wholesome ingredients and a few minutes of hands-on time. Oh, and also the willpower not to eat all the dough before you start baking, of course. You can totally eat some, though. This recipe is egg-free, so feel even if you usually wouldn’t feel free to lick the bowl clean.
Chocolate Chip Cookies (GAPS Approved, Gluten-Free, Paleo)
- cookie sheet
- medium bowl
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients together (except chocolate chips) in a medium bowl. Add in wet ingredients and combine well, then mix in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon cookie dough with a measuring spoon and place it on your cookie sheet, then press down a little with the palm of your hand to flatten the cookie. Place the next cookie about three inches away from the first one and continue until the baking sheet is full.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes. These cookies will be very soft while they’re baking, but will firm up after they’ve cooled for about ten minutes. Don’t rely on firmness to know when they’re ready – to check, gently lift one cookie to see if it is slightly golden brown on the bottom. If it is, they’re ready!
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheet so they can firm up, then enjoy. These cookies freeze well, so feel free to make a double batch and save half.
This scrumptious recipe was shared with permission from Caroline of Gutsy. Check out her snickerdoodle recipe here.
More Family Favorite Desserts
Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe – These chewy chocolate chip blondies are so easy to bake even a kid can do it. And I really mean that, because this recipe was created by my daughter Katie. It’s from Chef Junior, which she wrote with several of her friends.
Fudgy Brownies – These chewy brownies are one of my favorite recipes from Danielle of Against All Grains book, Meals Made Simple. She was kind enough to allow me to share them with you.