Creamy, sweet and infused with apple pie inspired spices, these easy overnight oats are the perfect make-ahead recipe for busy mornings. They’re based on this simple overnight oats recipe and can be made in just about five minutes of hands-on time.
My kids love topping their jars with freshly diced apples, chopped nuts and a sprinkling of extra cinnamon, but they’re also delicious with dried cranberries or apples sauteed in butter. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats Recipe
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- stirring spoon
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅜ tsp ground ginger
- pinch ground nutmeg
- pinch salt
- ½ cup milk, homemade oat milk, almond milk, water or coconut milk (coconut milk tends to over-thicken the oats so I recommend a 50/50 mix of coconut milk and water)
- ½ cup grated apple (I like honeycrisp or gala)
- ¼ cup yogurt (We use this dairy-free coconut yogurt and love it, but Greek yogurt is also a good option that makes it super creamy)
- 1 tbsp liquid sweetener, or more to taste (maple syrup or honey – a small amount of stevia or monk fruit could be substituted)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Additional toppings if desired: Diced apples, pecans or walnuts, extra cinnamon, a drizzle of honey or maple syrup
- Add oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, ginger and salt to a jar. Stir to mix.
- Next, add in the yogurt, grated apple, sweetener, vanilla, and milk. Stir, then cover the jar with a lid.
- Place the jar in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours. If you're adding spices or flavored extracts, stir them into the milk before pouring.
- The next morning, add desired toppings, then serve.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Maple Granola Recipe – This homemade granola from my friend Carol is both delicious and easy. Just toss some nuts, seeds, cinnamon, maple syrup, and a few other ingredients together and bake!
Breakfast Egg Muffins With Cheese – We eat scrambled eggs pretty often, and when my kids start picking at their plates I know it’s time to make up a batch of these cheesy breakfast muffins. They’re perfect for a sit-down meal or an on-the-go breakfast.
Easy Breakfast Sausage – This sweet and savory maple breakfast sausage is a family favorite.
Chocolate Overnight Oats – Creamy, chocolatey and rich in healthy fats, these overnight oats are a simple and delicious make-ahead breakfast recipe.
Leave a Comment