If you ask my husband, the essentials of life are family, coffee, and homemade ranch dressing.
I definitely agree with him on the family part (and the coffee!), but I prefer to mix things up in the kitchen with homemade Thousand Island, Copycat Olive Garden vinaigrette, and this creamy caesar dressing recipe served over crisp romaine lettuce, grilled chicken or shrimp, and homemade bacon bits.
Y’all, it’s stuff your face and hide the jar from your family good. I don’t do that, of course (at least not usually).
Don’t think it’s just for salads, though. Although it’s delish with romaine lettuce and gluten-free croutons, this dressing also makes a fantastic marinade for steak or chicken, dip for raw veggies, coating for crispy baked chicken wings, or sauce for baked fish. Oh, and if you’re dairy-free, here’s a caesar dressing recipe for you.
Caesar Dressing Recipe
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use this recipe)
- 1 tsp fresh garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp plus 1½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- sea salt (to taste – the amount you need will vary based on whether you include anchovies)
- 2-3 anchovies or 1½ teaspoons anchovy paste (optional)
- milk or cream (to thin the dressing as needed)
- Combine the parmesan, mayo, minced garlic, lemon juice, dijon mustard, pepper, and anchovies (if using) in a blender or a large-mouth mason jar if you have an immersion blender.
- Blend the dressing together, then taste it and add milk/cream to thin or salt if needed. Drizzle over a grilled chicken caesar salad or use as desired.
More Satisfying Salad Recipes
Easy Greek Salad – Bursting with crisp cucumbers, plump tomatoes, creamy avocado, crunchy bell pepper and the all important flavors of feta and kalamata olives, this fresh salad is tossed in a super yummy vinaigrette that will wake up your tastebuds for sure.
Chicken Salad With Apples – This light and easy salad is one of my favorite ways to keep mealtime simple. It’s sweet with a bit of tang, and the apples and nuts give it just the right amount of crunch.
Creamy Kale Salad – This lemony kale salad is a surprisingly delicious way to enjoy one of the most nutrient-dense veggies available.
Mexican-Style Chopped Salad – This salad pairs creamy avocado with crisp veggies and the earthy flavors of cumin, cilantro and lime. Even salad skeptics love it.
Read My Comment Policy
You stated “if you use anchovies” OK if I wanted to use anchovies how much would one use?
I suggest 2-3 anchovies or 1.5 teaspoons anchovy paste.
Thank you! Caesar dressing without anchovies would be a ranch! LOL
How long does it keep? (Yes, assuming it isn’t all finished that meal!) I know fresh minced garlic can only be left in oil for so long.
I’m not sure – everyone loves the recipe so much it’s always gone within a few days 🙂
I’m with your husband….bring on the ranch!! Homemade of course!