If you ask my husband, the essentials of life are family, coffee, and homemade ranch dressing. I definitely agree with him on the family part (and the coffee!), but I prefer to mix things up in the kitchen with homemade Thousand Island, Copycat Olive Garden vinaigrette, and this creamy caesar dressing recipe served over crisp romaine lettuce. Y’all, it’s stuff your face and hide the jar from your family good. I don’t do that, of course . . . at least not usually. 🙂
Don’t think it’s just for salads, though. This dressing makes a fantastic marinade for steak or chicken, dip for homemade chicken wings, or sauce for baked fish.
One quick note: Because my family is gluten-free, it took some time to find a good crouton option, but we’ve used this garlicky crouton recipe and it’s pretty tasty. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Caesar Dressing Recipe
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup homemade mayo (I use this recipe)
- 1 tsp fresh garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp plus 1.5 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- sea salt (to taste - the amount you need will vary based on whether you include anchovies)
- 2-3 anchovies (optional)
- milk or cream (to thin the dressing as needed)
- Combine the parmesan, mayo, minced garlic, lemon juice, dijon mustard, pepper, and anchovies (if using) in a blender (or a large-mouth mason jar if you have an immersion blender). Give the dressing a whir, taste, and add milk/cream to thin and salt if needed.