Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, these waffles are infused with the unofficial flavor of fall – pumpkin!
They’re based on my crispy waffle recipe, but I’ve added in a generous amount of homemade pumpkin pie spice and swapped real pumpkin puree in place of some of the eggs from my original version. Flavorful without being overly spiced, they’re absolutely delish with a drizzle of maple syrup and melted butter. Chopped pecans are a great addition if you have them on hand, too.
Oh, and they only take about 20 minutes to whip up from start to finish, making them the perfect addition on both busy mornings and relaxed weekend brunches.
Pumpkin Waffles Recipe (Gluten-Free, Paleo)
- Waffle iron
- 2 mixing bowls
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Combine dry ingredients (almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt) in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients – eggs, butter/oil, pumpkin puree, milk, vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together until well-combined.
- Cook waffles in the preheated waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions. If you like the outside extra crispy, try popping them in the toaster for a few seconds after cooking.
More Cozy Fall Breakfast Recipes
Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal With Vanilla Glaze (pictured above) – Something about this pumpkin baked oatmeal makes ordinary mornings feel a little more cozy and warm. Maybe it’s the pumpkin puree that gives it a chewy, creamy texture, or the warming spices, or the vanilla glaze drizzled over the top. Whatever the reason, it can be made with just a few minutes of hands-on time.
Slow Cooker Apples With Salted Caramel – This recipe can be quickly put together before bed, then the whole kitchen is filled with a delicious aroma in the morning. My family loves them – I hope yours will, too!
Pumpkin Spice Latte – This easy, creamy pumpkin spice latte blends blends cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, vanilla, and my “secret” ingredient – it’s super yummy and perfect for cooler weather.
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Granola – Crunchy, sweet and infused with the flavors of fall, this granola ia a definite favorite with my family. I love that it takes just about 30 minutes to bake, and my house smells amazing when I pull a batch from the oven.
Fall Breakfast Hash from Wholesomelicious – This savory bacon and egg veggie hash is loaded with flavor.