Know what you call a key lime pie popsicle when kids are feeling impatient? A smoothie.
Specifically, this smoothie. It’s refreshingly cool and creamy, with just the right amount of sweetness and tang. Rich in healthy fats and naturally sweetened, it makes a great afternoon snack on warm days, and it’s super easy to make.
Key Lime Pie Avocado Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup coconut milk milk, or almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract buy gluten-free vanilla extract here or use homemade vanilla extract
- juice of 2 limes about 4 tablespoons
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - 1 tablespoons gelatin hydrolysate find it here
- 2-4 egg yolks optional *
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup - optional find honey here, find maple syrup here
- Add banana, avocado, milk, vanilla extract, lime juice, lime zest, ice and gelatin to blender. If desired, add optional egg yolks and additional supplements/add-ins. Turn blender on, remove cap from the blender lid, and pour in additional liquid/ice as needed. Taste and add honey/maple syrup if desired, then serve.
- * If you're not comfortable consuming raw egg yolks it's totally fine to leave them out. Here's an article which discusses the subject in more detail.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- Gut Nourishing Strawberry Smoothie
- Copycat Orange Julius Recipe
- Very Berry Gut Nourishing Smoothie
- Chocolate Peppermint Superfood Smoothie