Know what you call a key lime pie popsicle when kids are feeling impatient? A smoothie.
Specifically, this smoothie. It’s refreshingly cool and creamy, with just the right amount of sweetness and tang. Rich in healthy fats and naturally sweetened, it makes a great afternoon snack on warm days, and it’s super easy to make.
Key Lime Pie Avocado Smoothie
- Add banana, avocado, milk, vanilla extract, lime juice, lime zest, ice and gelatin to blender. If desired, add optional egg yolks and additional supplements/add-ins. Turn blender on, remove cap from the blender lid, and pour in additional liquid/ice as needed. Taste and add honey/maple syrup if desired, then serve.
- * If you're not comfortable consuming raw egg yolks it's totally fine to leave them out. Here's an article which discusses the subject in more detail.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- Gut Nourishing Strawberry Smoothie
- Copycat Orange Julius Recipe
- Very Berry Gut Nourishing Smoothie
- Chocolate Peppermint Superfood Smoothie