There are regular compliments, and there are “I’m soooo thirsty mama but I don’t want to drink water and lose the banana flavor” compliments.
When I got the latter one from my littlest on this gluten-free banana bread recipe, I figured it was finally time to share it with you.
It’s moist, chewy, sweet but not too sweet, and infused with banana goodness. Oh, and you can mix it up in your blender and pour it straight into a loaf pan – no mixing bowls or whisks needed.
Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe
- 8×4 inch loaf pan
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mash the bananas with a fork and measure out 1½ cups.
- Add all the wet ingredients (mashed bananas, eggs, maple syrup and butter/coconut oil) to a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Add all dry ingredients except the walnuts and oats on top of the wet ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the oats. You can transfer the mixture to a bowl for this step if you'd like. Personally, I just remove my blender container from the base, add the oats, and then use a silicone spatula to mix them in. (That's one less bowl to wash!)
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle the top with walnuts.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are answers to the most common questions I receive about gluten-free baking:
Can I use all-purpose baking flour in place of almond flour?
Almond flour and rolled oats absorb liquid differently than pre-made gluten-free flour blends and will most likely not work in this recipe.
Many gluten-free banana bread recipes call for xanthan gum. Why doesn’t yours?
Xanthan gum is difficult for a lot of people to digest, so I don’t typically use it in recipes. In this recipe rolled oats give the bread its moist, chewy texture.
More Easy Gluten-Free Recipes
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies – These ooey-gooey paleo cookies are one of my family’s tried-and-true favorite recipes. Ready in about 20 minutes.
Blueberry Muffins – Infused with juicy blueberries, these grain-free muffins are so good when served warm and slathered in butter.
Paleo Poppyseed Muffins – Moist, cake-like and super yummy, these muffins are like sweet little bursts of sunshine
Want more delicious, easy recipes?
No problem, I’ve created a free ebook for you – 35+ Gluten-Free Desserts – as a gift for signing up for my newsletter. Every Sunday you’ll get recipes, actionable health tips, and highly-vetted product recommendations delivered fresh to your inbox.
Sign up using the form below.