“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”
I’d love to be a bohemian world-traveler, but realistically my adventures are limited by my budget, the availability of goat babysitters, and the number of hours I am willing to try to entertain the potami in an enclosed space, whether it be a car or plane.
And that’s okay. Someday I hope to check a few more exotic places off my bucket list, but for now raising my little family is it’s own adventure. For now, I’m content to let my tastebuds to the traveling for me with mediterranean falafel, cajun creole, risotto, Spanish rice, and other dishes from around the world.
This simple Thai-inspired chicken curry soup melds tangy lime and sweet coconut with warming ginger and fresh cilantro. It’s one of my favorite ways to use leftover roasted chicken and homemade bone broth, and it’s easy enough to make on a busy weeknight.
Coconut Lime Chicken Curry Soup
- 3 cups chicken stock (how to make it)
- 3 cups coconut milk (how to make coconut milk from coconut cream concentrate)
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 4-6 tsp jalapeno (seeded and minced - amount depends on how spicy you prefer)
- 1 - 1½ lbs chicken (cooked and shredded or diced)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest (grated lime peel)
- ½ tsp fresh ginger (grated or use ¼ tsp dried ginger)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups peas can be frozen
- ½ cup green onion chopped
- 2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- Add chicken broth, coconut milk, coconut butter, salt, curry powder, ginger, minced jalapeno and peas to a medium pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add in chicken, lime juice and lime zest, then ladle into bowls. Top with cilantro and onion, then serve.
Want more healthy soup recipes?
Instant Pot Chicken Soup – This rich version of one of my favorite comfort foods from Dr. Karen Lee is so flavorful and easy!
Spring Vegetable Stew – This featured recipe from The Nourished Kitchen Cookbook if full of fresh flavors like peas, artichokes, basil, parsley, mint and lemon juice.