Happy almost New Year! Before we close out 2019 I thought it would be fun to look back at the top ten most popular posts from this year – thank you so much for being part of this community! I’d love to hear what you want me to write about in 2020 – if you have a request please let me know in the comments below.
Also, I’ve been reflecting on this year and thought I’d share a few personal highlights/game changers from my list.
- Daily walks with my childhood crush, who also happens to be my husband
- Slow mornings with my littles – Spending time with each one as they wake up and wander into the living room where I’m sipping coffee
- Swimming with manatees
- Cousin Camp
- Heartfelt conversations with dear friends (and new friendships, too)
- Being diagnosed with Lyme disease, which has taught me more about love, resilience and healing than I could have ever guessed
- Finally finding a home after two years of looking
And now, back to the top ten. In order of LEAST to MOST popular . . .
#10 – A Doctor Who “Gets You” At Your Fingertips: SteadyMD Review
When my family moved go a new state, we struggled to find a local doctor that takes a proactive approach to wellness.
Specifically, we wanted a functional medicine doctor that focuses on preventing and reversing the root causes of illness instead of just treating symptoms. This became especially important when I was diagnosed with Lyme disease and began my healing journey.
SteadyMD matched me with a doctor who understands my family’s lifestyle, is available to text and chat just about anytime, and charges me the same amount for one or one hundred visits a month. It’s all online, and my doctor can do just about anything an in-person doctor can do like order labs, refer to specialists, etc.
#9 – Easy Gluten-Free Waffles Recipe
Crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside, these waffles are easy to whip up in about twenty minutes total.
#8 – Easy Apple Crisp Recipe (Gluten-Free)
Made with a scrumptious crisp topping layered over a filling similar to apple pie, this easy apple crisp is one of my family’s favorite cool-weather desserts.
#7 – Easy Gluten-Free Peach Cobbler
This easy, Southern-style peach cobbler is one my favorite summer desserts. Cinnamon, vanilla, & heaps of fresh peaches meld beautifully with the buttery, sweet topping.
It’s easy to make, too. I can easily throw it together in a pinch for guests when I’m short on time.
#6 – Lyme Disease: What I’ve Learned The Hard Way
Years ago, I thought I knew two things about Lyme disease:
- It was pronounced Lymes. (Nope)
- It wasn’t something to be concerned about where I lived. (Also nope, Lyme infected ticks are in half of all U.S. counties.)
Today I know more about it than I ever would have imagined, both from a diagnostic/treatment standpoint and the impact it can have on a family . . . mine.
#5 – Five Weighted Blanket Benefits for Kids & Adults (And How To Choose One)
One of my biggest challenges is consistently sending the “all is well” signal to my body so that it can access “rest and recuperation” (aka parasympathetic) mode instead of constantly flipping into “preparing to run away from tigers just in case” (aka sympathetic) mode.
Unfortunately, the fast pace of modern life activates our sympathetic nervous system much more than our parasympathetic system.
If you’ve ever wondered how weighted blankets help with that, this article dives into the science of deep touch pressure PLUS the benefits, such as:
- Better sleep
- Recalibration of the nervous system
- Help with focus (in both kids and adults)
- Increasing a sense of well-being and calm (especially after a stressful day or event)
- Increasing feel-good neurotransmitters and endorphins
#4 – Easy Jam Thumbprint Cookies (Gluten-Free, Paleo)
Soft & buttery, these thumbprint cookies are easy to make and so delicious! Fill with whatever jam makes your tastebuds sing – raspberry, strawberry, peach, and blackberry are a few of our favorites..
#3 – Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
This homemade chicken pot pie has a buttery crust and creamy chicken & veggie filling that makes it one of my family’s favorite comfort foods.
It’s gluten-free (and dairy-free optional) and can be made into five mini-pot pies or one big pot pie casserole.
#2 – Black Elderberry Gummies Recipe for Kids (And Adults!)
Delicious, portable, and infused with powerful antioxidants, these elderberry gummies are one of my family’s favorite ways to support immune function during cold and flu season.
#1 – Is 5G Safe?
A few weeks ago, a handful of 5G cell towers started popping up in my community. It’s a topic that’s been on my radar for a while now, but life got in the way. If you’re like me, I’m guessing you have some questions about 5G, too, like:
- Is it safe?
- What makes it so different from 4G?
- What do independent scientists and physicians say about it?
We dive into those questions, and I also share a link to some expert talks happening right now that cover simple, empowering steps we can take here and now.
What almost made the list?
Here are the top five runners-up:
- Benefits of Neurofeedback for Attention, Creativity, Stress Relief & Sleep
- How To Make Lavender Honey + More Herbal Honey Recipes
- Top 15 Herb Books for Your Home Apothecary
- Homemade Strawberry Jello Recipe (Made With Real Fruit)
- Easy Blueberry Crisp Recipe
What do YOU want to talk about in 2020? What kinds of posts would you like to see more of? Please leave a comment and let me know!