Sharpies and toddlers, bermuda shorts with boots, the words “fat free’ and “sour cream” . . . . some things just don’t go together, you know? While at first glance it may seem that chocolate and chipotle chili powder fall into that category, Jenny’s Rustic Mayan Truffles prove otherwise.
I discovered them years ago while rummaging through Nourished Kitchen for Kale and Potato Soup with Chorizo, and they opened up a new world of flavor for me. While Jenny takes some time off to snuggle her newborn baby boy, I’m sharing my favorite recipe for Mexican hot chocolate over on her blog.
Click here to visit Nourished Kitchen and get the recipe
Looking for more cold weather yumminess? Try these recipes . . .
1. Hot Buttered Rum Recipe – Hot buttered rum + cozy fire or candlelight = Perfect fall/winter evening
2. Hot Apple Cider Recipe – My littles love playing outside even when there are permanent icicles adorning the spring behind our house. I usually warm them up with herbal tea when they come in, but occasionally I like to surprise them with this hot apple cider recipe.
It’s super easy to make and can also serve as the base for buttered rum.
3. Masala Chai Tea Recipe – Infused with cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, fennel and peppercorns, this chai tea is absolutely delicious both hot and cold.
4. Eggnog Latte Recipe -This latte is based on my homemade eggnog recipe, but I’ve tweaked things a bit to help the flavor blend better with coffee. I love making up a batch on mornings I make salt dough ornaments with my littles, bake gingerbread cookies, or put on a pot of holiday stovetop potpourri.
5. Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe – Pumpkin is the official flavor of fall, isn’t it? Who are we to argue with that? This is one of my favorite ways to enjoy it. 🙂
6. Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix – This recipe is easy to put together and makes a delightful gift for teachers, friends, grandparents, co-workers, neighbors, and whomever else you want to make smile. Make some for yourself too, of course!
Read My Comment Policy
I am thoroughly loving all your recipes. ❤