Usually I save the twinkling lights and hot apple cider for after Thanksgiving, but not this year. Part of the reason is that I want to infuse this season with as much joy as possible for as long as possible, but part of it is logistical, too.
With pretty much everyone shopping online this year and shipping times taking a little longer than usual, I’m ordering gifts early so that they arrive in time. And if I have all the gifts early, why not wrap and put them out early, too? (My kids love the anticipation.)
If you’re shopping early, too, I’ve put together this 2020 gift guide for you. It includes many of my favorite (and most well-received) gifts through the years, plus a few that are on my list this year.
Gift Guide For Women ^
1. Alitura Skincare – Developed by Andy Hnilo, an actor/model whose jaw was broken in five places when he was hit by a car, these products were formulated it to help his scars heal and they did an amazing job. The ingredients are very clean. I especially like the night cream, which includes stem cells from the edelweiss plant and grass-fed colostrum. It’s incredibly rich and luxurious, and a little goes a long way.
2. Air plants – I was gifted some air plants a couple of years ago and was surprise by how easy they are to care for. They bring a touch of nature indoors and look great on kitchen/bathroom counters, shelves and desks. Update: The air plants pictured are currently sold out, so I’ve updated my link to a different option. This collection looks beautiful, too.
3. Nourishing, Non-Toxic Bubble Bath (SAVE 20% WITH CODE MP20) – If you want to enjoy a luxurious bubble bath without leaving skin feeling itchy, tight, and dry, you’re going to love this stuff. It’s a gentle formula made from pure botanical extracts that nourishes and hydrates. Also, Beauty From Bees is an international store so make sure to click the U.S. flag in the top right corner to see the actual price, and don’t forget to use code MP20 to save an additional 20%.
4. Funky & Cute Blue Light Blocking Glasses – I recently replaced a broken set of orange glasses with this pair, and they’re so fun to wear! Much better than my old orange safety glasses that made me look like I was about to perform a science experiment or solder some pipes together. (Also much more scratch resistant, too.) If you want to read up on them, here’s the science behind why orange glasses benefit sleep.
5. Celebrations Cookbook – This new book by Danielle Walker of Against All Grain includes grain-free, dairy-free recipes for every special occasion. We’re talking New Year’s Eve, Game Day, Valentine’s Day, Christmas, birthdays and more.
6. Jasmine Essential Oil Diffuser (Several colors available) – I love this one because it can be set to interval mode, where it diffuses for 10 minutes and then turns off for 20 minutes. This allows essential oils to be consistently diffused without becoming overwhelming. Also, it can run in interval mode for 21 hours, so it’s basically set-and-forget. This one is also beautiful and has an intermittent mode, too.
7. Stainless Steel Wine Glasses – I love that these are shatterproof so that I can relax when my kids unload the dishwasher. They’re perfect for serving wine (or mocktails or hot apple cider) at picnics, poolside parties, beach bonfires and camping trips. Also, if you haven’t checked them out yet, Dry Farm Wines is the healthiest and best collection of wines I’ve ever tasted.
8. Toups & Co Tallow Balm (SAVE 10% WITH CODE MP10)– Tallow is uniquely compatible with our skin’s biology, leaving it supple and nourished after use. My friend Emilie makes the best whipped tallow balm I’ve ever tried. It smells amazing, and she’s carefully formulated the essential oils in each blend to be safe for use on the face and with children. I’m using the Frankincense blend right now and I love it.
9. Minima Balance Double-Walled Tea Mug– I use this mug almost every day for my evening passionflower tea.
10. Joovv Go Portable Red Light Therapy Device – Red light therapy has been shown to be helpful for collagen production, improving skin clarity, optimizing hormone levels, facilitating muscle recovery and more. In this post I explain why it works, plus what to look for in a red light therapy device.
11. Dry Skin Brush Trio – The benefits of dry brushing range from improved skin softness and texture (including decreased cellulite), to immune support, hormone balance and more. This set is well made and comes with a stiff brush and a softer one, both of which I love. It also comes with a face brush.
12. Mo’ Maggie Magnesium Lotion – Magnesium is often called the “magic mineral” due to its ability to relax achy muscles, mitigate the effects of stress, and calm the mind by supporting the production of the neurotransmitter GABA. This study also suggests that magnesium may improve sleep quality by increasing melatonin levels and decreasing cortisol levels. Unfortunately for some people, magnesium oil can cause an itchy or uncomfortable sensation when applied in undiluted form. This magnesium lotion solves that by blending skin-calming ingredients like organic shea butter, argan seed oil, prickly pear seed oil with high potency transdermal magnesium.
13. Bearaby Weighted Blanket – These handmade weighted blankets are made with a gorgeous chunky knit that’s as beautiful as it is functional. Bearaby uses organic cotton, and their blankets are washable. I’ve tested their cotton napper and my kids have tested their Nappling which is absolutely adorable. You can see them all here.
14. Jute Market Tote – This sturdy bag comes in several designs and can be used as a grocery bag, shopping tote, or carryall.
15. DefenderShield Phone Case (SAVE 20% WITH CODE MP20) – Independently tested by the FCC, this phone case uses conductive, non-conductive and advanced absorption shielding materials together to block, divert, and absorb EMFs, Radio Frequency (RF) and heat radiation.
16. Beeswax Candles – Unlike paraffin candles – which release carcinogens like toluene and benzene into the air– beeswax candles burn clean and bright while releasing a faint honey scent. This candle is handmade with 100% beeswax and will burn for up to 45 hours.
18. Natural Pumice Stone – Made from hardened lava, this pumice stone is perfect for removing dry, rough skin from feet and elbows. Can be paired with homemade whipped body butter or store-bought body butter.
19. Stainless Steel YETI Insulated Coffee Tumbler – This gorgeous mug keeps drinks hot or cold for hours and – unlike many tumblers – is dishwasher safe.
20. LUNA Weighted Blanket (SAVE 10% WITH CODE MP10) – Research shows that weighted blankets calm our sympathetic nervous system (fight or flight mode) and increase parasympathetic activity (rest and recuperation mode). They can be used during the day to increase a sense of well-being or at night for better sleep.
Made with soft 100% Okeo Tex cotton and glass beads, this machine-washable blanket comes in several sizes and weights for kids and adults. It’s designed to fit with one of their 100% cotton, removable (and therefore washable) duvet covers for easy cleaning. Click here to read more about the benefits of weighted blankets and how to choose a weight.
21. Wakeup Light – Our circadian rhythms – which guide when we feel alert and when we feel sleepy – are tied to light and darkness. This wakeup light simulates sunrise in your bedroom, which helps your body synchronize it’s internal clock (which is often dysregulated due to blue light at night, etc.) so that it knows when to dial up the hormones that produce energy, and when to make the ones that help us drift off to sleep.
22. Rose Quartz Face Roller & Gua Sha Set – Face rolling promotes circulation for healthy-looking skin, releases muscle tension in the face, and supports lymphatic flow (which may reduce the appearance of puffiness). This set includes a face roller which is mostly for circulation and lymph flow, and a gua sha stone for fascial release.
23. Skin Renewing Face Masks – Made with organic rose petals, Italian red clay, and other pure ingredients, these face masks are as nourishing as they are beautiful.
24. Essential Oil Carrying Case – For longer trips, this essential oil carrying case is really useful. Depending on the destination it can be helpful to include oils for immune support, restful sleep (super helpful if jet lag is an issue), sunburns (which hopefully won’t be needed), etc.
25. Hu Kitchen Chocolate – Delicious, made with wholesome ingredients, and ethically sourced, this is one of my absolute favorite chocolates.
26. Basket Tea Infuser – For strong teas or herbal infusions I prefer a large basket tea infuser because it allows herbs to circulate better.
27. Essential Oil Tote – I keep this small tote in my purse for day-to-day use – the sides are linked with little pockets that hold essential oils bottles. It would pair perfectly with a car diffuser as a gift. (Check out gift idea #31 for a good one.)
28. Sip & Soak Bath Wine Holder – Perfect for someone who needs some extra pampering along with a warm, relaxing bath. I don’t drink wine very often, but I do love a good mocktail. The holder comes with a BPA-free plastic wine glass, but you could use these rose gold stainless steel ones, too.
29. Glass Water Bottle – This beautiful one is made from high strength borosilicate glass that is shatter resistant and can handle both very hot and very cold liquids.
30. Purity Coffee (SAVE 20% WITH CODE MP20) – For the houses that run on laughter, love, and coffee. This is the only coffee I’ve found that is both organic and screened for mycotoxins and pesticides. Also, they use a unique roasting process that maximizes antioxidants while minimizing stuff your body doesn’t want like acrylamide.
31. Essential Oil Car Diffuser – This makes short errands and long road trips so much more enjoyable!
32. 100% Silk Pillowcase – Cotton and polyester pillowcases create more friction on skin and hair than silk, which some people say contributes to morning puffiness and more frizzy hair for people with wavy or curly hair. Cotton also tends to absorb oil and bacteria, which may lead to breakouts for some people. Silk tends to absorb less, which is why some dermatologists recommend it for acne-prone or sensitive skin.
Gift Guide For Men ^
1. Blue Blocking Glasses (SAVE 20% WITH CODE MP20) – Computer screens, TV’s, phones and even regular light bulbs emit blue light, which the body perceives as sunlight. Blue light exposure after sundown can suppresses the release of melatonin, which disrupts our bodies process of preparing for sleep at night. My husband I and both wear blue blocking glasses at night – they’ve definitely helped us fall asleep easier and improved our overall sleep quality. Two brands I recommend are:
2. Cooling Bamboo Weighted Blanket from Luna (SAVE 10% WITH CODE MP10) – Perfect for hot sleepers, this blanket helps calm the sympathetic nervous system (fight or flight mode) and increase parasympathetic activity (rest and recuperation mode). It can be used in the daytime to create a sense of well-being.
3. MyoBuddy Massager (SAVE $50 WITH CODE MOMMYPOTAMUS) – This myofascial release massager is helpful for people who tend to carry a lot of muscle tension, are athletes, or deal with chronic pain. It does all types of massage: Relaxation, Trigger Point, Deep Tissue, Recovery, Sports, Circulatory, Friction, Percussion, and Mobility. Although I’m listing it here as a gift for guys, I’ve also included it in the “Gifts for the Whole Family” section below because I use ours pretty much every day. Basically, I use it in the same pattern I learned for dry brushing to support detox and lymph flow. It’s incredibly relaxing and something I look forward to instead of just checking it off my to-do list. With coupon code MOMMYPOTAMUS you can save $50 off the Pro2, $100 off the Pro2+ and $150 off the Couples or Recovery Package.
4. Shower Scalp Massager – In addition to just feeling amazing, this scalp massager removes dandruff and/or hair product buildup and helps clear clogged follicles. (Clogged follicles impair normal hair growth.) (1)
5. Toups & Co. Frankincense Tallow Balm (SAVE 10% WITH CODE MP10) – Because men have skin, too, and this stuff smells amazing. 🙂
6. TimTam Pocket Massager – For people who primarily deal with tough muscle knots and aches, the massage guns that have taken over social media lately may be a good option. The best ones combine percussion therapy with vibration therapy to help release tension in both surface and deep tissue layers. Many are in the $400+ range, but this one is about half that and is made by one of the highest rated manufacturers on the market.
7. Eco-Friendly Leather Messenger/Laptop Bag – This bag is very sturdy and perfect for a laptop (15 inch or smaller) and a few books. It’s made with natural tanning techniques and is ethically crafted by an artisan community in the desert region of Rajasthan, India.
8. Stainless Steel Manual Coffee Grinder – For travel, camping and hiking. Because coffee.
9. Wild Man Grooming Kit – This woodsy-scented set is made with high-quality, natural ingredients and packaged in a rustic crate with moss and dried botanicals. Think fir needles, fresh-cut lumber, and mountain air.
10. DefenderShield Phone Case (SAVE 20% WITH CODE MP20) – Independently tested by the FCC, this phone case uses conductive, non-conductive and advanced absorption shielding materials together to block, divert, and absorb EMFs, Radio Frequency (RF) and heat radiation.
11. Four Sigmatic Powdered Mushroom Coffee With Chaga (SAVE UP TO 40% THROUGH NOV. 22 WITH CODE MP15) – Infused with mushrooms that support brain function and help the body adapt to stress, Four Sigmatic powdered coffees just need to be mixed with water. My husband and I always keep a few packages stashed away in our bags – my purse, his satchel – for coffee emergencies. 🙂 Right now they’re having 20-50% off sale, and you can stack my coupon code (MP15) for an additional 15% off.
12. Leather Toiletry Case – Can be paired with tallow balm or a collection of travel-sized essentials.
13. Portable Hammock for Backyard, Beach, Hiking, and Camping – This strong, lightweight hammock is easy to setup and very durable.
14. LifeStraw Personal Water Filter – LifeStraw converts any water supply to clean, drinkable water without a long or complicated filtration process. Great for travel, camping, hiking and emergency preparedness.
15. Massage Lacrosse Balls for Myofascial Release, Trigger Point Therapy, Muscle Knots, and Yoga Therapy – To use these, just tell the recipient to place the ball on the area with muscle tension and then lean their weight onto it. Super easy and so helpful!
16. YETI Tumbler – We’ve had these for years and love how well they keep drinks hot/cold. They’re also extremely durable and dishwasher safe.
17. Kindle Paperwhite – This e-reader is my husband’s favorite way to read. After hours on a computer, the Kindle offers convenience without the eyestrain of a computer screen. It’s smaller than a tablet and lights up in the dark so he can read without a flashlight. I like that he can add to his library often without us having to install extra bookshelves we don’t really have space for. (Fyi, he downloads books via wifi and then reads in airplane mode to keep the device low-EMF.)
18. Shiatsu Pillow Massager with Heat – We have one of these and it’s amazing for working on the neck, shoulders, lower back, thighs and calves.
Gift Guide For People Who Love Good Food ^
There are lots ideas for teens, big kids, babies and more in the sections below. But first, this section is perfect for people who love delicious food . . . so basically people.
1. Organic, Paleo Magic Cookie Dough – I mean seriously, who doesn’t love cookie dough? Developed in the Primal Palate test kitchen, this dough is “magic” because it can be used as a base for frosted cut-out cookies, gingerbread cookies, thumbprints, snowballs, and just about anything you can dream up. They have chocolate chip cookie dough, too.
2. Rustic Olive Wood Utensils (5-Piece Set) – I have a set similar to these and absolutely love them. They’re so beautiful and functional, which is why they’re often in the background of recipe photos like this one. I mostly use them for serving, and oil them every once in awhile with fractionated coconut oil.
3. Real Plans Membership – Know anyone who could use a personal assistant in the kitchen? Real Plans is way more than a meal generator or menu planner, it’s a personalized experience that takes your schedule into account, knows your dietary quirks, and even delivers a shopping list to your phone so you never forget anything. Did I say you? I meant your gift recipient. Or you, if you need an assistant, too!
4. Primal Palate Spice Blends – They say variety is the spice of life . . . I say spices add variety. 🙂 These blends are SO flavorful and come in a few different sets that will make great gifts:
- Signature Blend Trio – Adobo Seasoning, Meat & Potatoes Seasoning, and Barbecue Rub
- Food Lovers Pack – New Bae Seasoning (their take on Old Bay), Amore (their take on Italian Seasoning), and Jerk Seasoning
- Griddle & Grill Pack – Steak Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, & Seafood Seasoning
5. Dry Farm Wines – This is hands down the healthiest and best collection of wines I’ve ever tasted. Every wine they sell is:
- Organic and biodynamic (beyond organic)
- Sugar-free (0 – 0.15g of total sugar per glass)
- Free of industrial additives (thickeners, dyes, etc.)
- Lower alcohol
- Tested for purity
- Made with natural yeast
Although they have subscriptions available, you can also just buy a single gift. Click here to send a box of delicious artisanal wine.
6. Four Sigmatic Organic Mushroom Hot Cacao Mix (SAVE 15% WITH MP15) – This powdered mix has two variations: A “Chill Out” version with reishi mushrooms, and a daytime “Performance” one with ginger and cordyceps mushrooms. Both types of mushrooms are adaptogens that help with stress.
7. Milk Frother – For lattes, matcha tea, hot cocoa and more.
8. Chemex Glass Coffee Maker – For the person who enjoys a really good cup of coffee, this is a great giift. As I shared in my post on why I switched, it brews coffee that is much less acidic and more smooth, and there’s literally no plastic involved. Don’t forget filters!
9. Air Fryer + Multi-Purpose Instant Pot In One – Yep, Instant Pot has introduced a pressure cooker model that also includes an air fryer. Long live tender Instant Pot meals plus crispy wings, fries and more.
10. Paleo Cooking with Your Air Fryer: 80+ Recipes for Healthier Fried Food in Less Time – Written by Dr. Karen Lee, who has also tackled the Instant Pot and shared her recipes with us before, this looks like a delicious introduction to using an air fryer.
Gift Guide For Teens ^
1. The Box of Emotions – Putting words to emotions isn’t easy for many of us, especially when what we’re feeling doesn’t exactly fit into the happy, sad or angry. According to reviewers, this box helps foster an understanding of oneself through a deeper dive into the nuance of emotions, plus increased awareness/empathy for others. I’m ordering this for a teen in my life, but will probably get one for my whole family, too.
2. Natural Bath Bombs Gift Set – Handmade in the United States using high quality ingredients like organic shea butter, Dead Sea salt, kaolin clay and essential oils like eucalyptus, vanilla and chamomile, these bath bombs are beautifully packaged for gifting.
4. Dead Sea Mud Soap With Activated Charcoal – Helpful for teens with acne prone skin.
6. Random Acts of Kindness Kit for Teens – Research shows that being kind increases happiness and life satisfaction, not just for the recipient but the giver too. This card set inspires random acts that are especially designed for teens to cultivate kindness.
7. Charcoal Detox Skin Renewing Face Masks (Select “Charcoal Detox” on the page) – Made with skin soothing ingredients like kaolin clay, green tea, lavender, charcoal, and tamanu oil, these face masks are perfect for combination or acne-prone skin.
8. Amazon Gift Card – Because sometimes the best gift is the one they choose.
10. Pre-Diluted Frankincense Essential Oil Roll-On – Helpful for emotional grounding and immune support. Also just smells good. 🙂
11. Wreck This Journal – When our kids are little we teach them how to color inside the lines. It helps them develop patience and excellence, but it can also create anxiety about making “mistakes.” Wreck This Journal is about helping kids find their creative voice and redefining mistakes as opportunities for growth, at least that’s the gist of what the 2,600 five stars review on Amazon say.
12. Peroxide-Free Teeth Whitening Kit – This is an effective and healthier alternative to traditional teeth whitening trays, which use peroxide. Peroxide does whiten teeth, but it can also damage enamel and increase tooth sensitivity. This system uses an activated charcoal gel and blue LED light to whiten teeth without peroxide, and it works!
Gift Guide For Kids ^
See the Gifts for The Whole Family section for more ideas.
1. Chef Junior: 100 Super Delicious Recipes for Kids by Kids – I **might** be biased, but this is a must-have for kids. Written by my daughter Katie along with several of her friends, it introduces basic cooking skills alongside mouthwatering recipes that kids will love. In terms of life skills, cooking is one of my top priorities as a parent. Knowing what a nourishing meal consists of and how to prepare it is essential to a growing child’s health and well-being.
2. Beauty From Bees Bubble Bath (SAVE 20% WITH CODE MP20) – Made with clean, nourishing ingredients and delicious scent combinations like lavender + vanilla, this bubble bath is sure to be a favorite with kids. Beauty From Bees is an international store so make sure to click the U.S. flag in the top right corner to see the actual price, and don’t forget to use code MP20 to save an additional 20%.
3. Mini Trampoline – I bought a folding trampoline when my kids were little so that they could “get out their wiggles” on cold, rainy days. Even though they’re older now they still use it, which I love because it supports healthy lymph flow (a part of healthy immune function).
4. Sensory Swing – This pod swing creates a comfy, peaceful environment for kids to play, read, or just unwind. It’s made with 100% cotton breathable fabric.
5. Lewo Wooden Stacking Game – It’s like Jenga, only with vibrant colored pieces. Also, you roll dice to determine which color to remove.
6. Puzzle Projector That Really Works – Although it says its for kids that are 14+, I’m considering it for my 10 year old who is very good with engineering-type stuff. This amazing looking 3D Machinarium Robot looks like a good option, too, and it’s made for kids 8+. Actually, ROKR has so many options that will fascinate kids it’s probably best just to check out their whole collection.
7. Real Wood Ukulele – My two oldest kids take piano classes online and love it. They’ve been asking about other instruments and this is one I’m considering (along with an online class through Udemy).
8. Catan Board Game – My kids love this game and with over 10,800 five-star ratings on Amazon it looks like a lot of other people do, too.
9. Edible Organic Gourmet Mushroom Growing Kit – The kids get a fascinating look at the natural world, and you get edible mushrooms. Win win!
10. Life On Earth Memory Matching Game – This is the game we knew as “Memory” when we were kids, only it has gorgeous, vibrant colors and nature-inspired scenes.
11. Q&A a Day – Ask your kids one fun question every day for a year and write down their responses. Then the next year, you ask them all the same questions and see how their responses change as they grow.
12. Piggy Paint Nail Polish – My daughter loves this nail polish It’s free of formaldehyde, toluene, phthalates, Bisphenol A, ethyl acetate and acetone.
13. Wobble Board – Perfect for easing restlessness during colder months when kids are stuck inside more, this wobble board supports development of the vestibular system (which is connected to both balance and the ability to regulate emotions).
14. Newtons Laws STEM Construction Kit – Kids learn all about Newton’s Laws of Motion by building working models like a catapult, a drag racer, a balloon powered plane, and more.
15. Salt Lamp Night Light – I love that these give off warm light instead of blue light, which can disrupt melatonin production and keep kids awake.
16. Balance Bike – Training wheels were the norm for most of us, but these days many parents opt for balance bikes, which are easy to ride and help kids develop the balance, coordination, strength and fine motor skills needed to transition to a regular bike.
17. Buddha Board – This is basically a “Zen Etch-A-Sketch” that allows you to paint and then watch your art fade away like disappearing ink. My daughter selected this as her souvenir on a trip and it was such a hit.
18. Beeswax Crayons – These crayons come in a thick version (for little hands) and a thin version for older kids. They’re made with 100% beeswax and non-toxic pigments.
19. Sun Art – Kids make a “photograph” without a camera . . . and the results are beautiful! My kids have created some with leaves and ferns that are totally frameworthy.
20. Herbal Adventures: Backyard Excursions and Kitchen Creations for Kids and Their Families – If you have any interest in herbalism and want your kids to discover the edible and medicinal plants growing just beyond your front door, this is an amazing book! They’ll discover how to make homemade elderflower soda, itch-fix balm, nature’s paintbrushes, tummy tea and more. Some recipes call for fresh herbs, but it’s also possible to skip the foraging and dive into making the recipes with purchased, dried herbs.
21. Magna Tiles – These were more of an investment but my boys love them and play with them for hours on end each week. Because of their simplicity and ease of use, these were the first building blocks all three kids enjoyed together.
22. KiwiCo Crates – These award-winning crates empower kids to create, experiment and learn with hands-on kits delivered monthly. My kids cheered just a few days ago when their box arrived (and I cheered inside because I know they’re going to learn something new while I have a quiet afternoon). KiwiCo makes several kits that you can buy individually, or you can have them shipped automatically to you every month.
23. Perplexus – This 3D marble maze puzzle challenges children to use spatial reasoning, motor skills, and hand-eye coordination. My son discovered it at a friend’s house and couldn’t put it down!
24. Blue Blocking Glasses For Kids (SAVE 20% WITH CODE MP20) – When we wind down a busy day with a movie, I make sure my littles wear blue blocking glasses so that the blue light from the t.v. doesn’t make it difficult for them to fall asleep. I want them to be able to fall asleep easily because it’s good for them . . and good for me. 🙂 My favorite brands are:
25. Catch and Release Aquarium – One day at the beach my family made friends with a family that was playing with this aquarium. All the kids had so much fun we got one of our own, and my littles have use it to catch minnows, crabs, frogs, lizards and more. You’ll need a net to go with it – we use this one.
26. Natural Paints – Made with natural pigments, organic cornstarch and tree sap, these watercolor paints create beautiful, earthy colors.
27. Herb Growing Kit – Kids feel the pride and joy involved in helping something grow. You get fresh basil, cilantro, chives, dill, parsley and more.
28. Lil Mo’ Maggie Magnesium Lotion – Specially formulated for kids and people with sensitive skin, this “magic mineral” infused lotion is great for easing achy muscles and sleep. (It’s really helpful for easing growing pains, too!)
29. Rory’s Story Cubes – The ability to connect seemingly unrelated dots helps with creative problem solving. These cubes are a fun way to nurture that ability. You roll the dice, then create a story inspired by the images you land on, often finding it necessary to weave together seemingly unrelated objects.
30. Primary Clothing Basics – If you follow me in IG, you’ve probably seen at least one of my kids wearing Primary clothing. (Like this photo I snapped on my front porch, or this one at the beach, or this one of them in their Christmas PJ’s.)
They make 100% cotton, OKEO-Tex certified clothing basics at an affordable price. The sweatshirt pictured above is their cozy tunic sweatshirt, which is made with OEKO-Tex Standard 100 certified fabric.
31. Hope & Henry Girls Cable Knit Pullover Sweater – Made with 100% organic cotton except for the trim.
32. Hope & Henry Organic Sweater Cape – Also made with 100% organic cotton except for the trim, this cape is super cute. I wish they made one in my size, haha!
33. Hope & Henry Organic Sweater – This organic cotton sweater comes in several colors and reminds me of the ones my boys wore in some of my favorite early photos of them.
34. Cotton Pajamas – Every year I buy my kids a new pair of 100% cotton, OKEO-Tex certified pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve . . . and throughout the remaining 364 days until the next year. They’re super cute for photos, durable, and comfy.
35. Pajama Bottoms – To go with the tops. 🙂
Gifts for Babies & Pregnant Mamas ^
1. Organic Milestone Blanket – These didn’t exist when my kids were babies and I want a do-over! Basically, the idea is that the blankets have numbers on them that can be “circled” in photos using stars (and other objects) to show babies age. You take photos every month and then look at them together to see how baby has grown. I LOVE this rainbow-themed one, too.
3. Hope & Henry Organic Romper – 100% organic cotton except for the trim. Completely adorable.
4. EMF Blanket from Defendershield – Made with organic bamboo, this blanket is a great option for pregnant mamas who need to be near a computer often throughout the day.
5. Organic Love To Dream Swaddle – This blanket soothes babies while allowing them to sleep with their hands up around their head instead of tight by their side. I’ve heard great things about it from several moms, and it gets rave reviews online, too. Here’s one:
“We are third time parents, and we’ve never been good at swaddling. And, who are we kidding?, at Bleery-eye o’clock in the morning, who really wants to try to origami baby back into a bundle after that extreme diaper blowout? Enter Love to Dream! We looooove this swaddle! Our 5-week-old daughter has taken to it like a dream. We ordered the smaller size, and it fit all 10lbs 1.7 oz, 22 inches of her newborn self! I was put at ease knowing she wasn’t in danger of smothering like she would be with a blanket (even if it were tucked per safety recommendations, I always worry about blankets around my babies. Always.). She was cozy and comfortable. With a quick unzip from her feet up, we are able to keep her pretty cozy while changing her, so mid-nap or midnight changes haven’t been rude awakenings for her. I definitely recommend these, and will be buying more for her as she grows!”
6. NoseFrida Nasal Aspirator – Okay, the whole idea behind this thing is kind of gross, but it’s one of those practical gifts that can be a lifesaver when a mama has a congested baby and can’t wait two days for one to be delivered. Congested babies who don’t sleep well lead to mamas who don’t sleep well, and babies and mamas need sleep, you know?
7. The Mama Natural Week-by-Week Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth – I love this book so much I wrote an entire post about it. It’s beautifully illustrated and written with real mamas in mind. Genevieve literally had me crying in the opening pages as she talked about her own birth experiences, and the whole book feels like a fascinating conversation instead of a list of do’s and don’ts. (Weird fact, Genevieve and I birthed our babies within 24 hours of each other, and then three years later we did it again.)
Gifts for the Whole Family ^
1. Infrared Sauna (Mention Mommypotamus for up to $700 off and a free backrest) – This is hands-down one of the best wellness gift my family has ever invested in. My husband and kids use it almost every morning to start their day and I use it at night to wind down. You can read more about the benefits of sauna therapy here and my review of the sauna I have in my home here.
2. Lifepro Vibration Plate (SAVE $10 WITH CODE MP10) – My first experience with whole body vibration therapy was at a wellness clinic, and it made such a difference in my overall well-being that I bought one when I returned home. It supports detoxification (via lymphatic drainage) and calms the sympathetic (fight or flight) nervous system. It can also be used to amplify the effectiveness of exercise, and my husband and I use it for at-home workouts.
3. TimTam Pocket Massager – This massager is primarily for people who deal with tough muscle knots and aches, the massage guns that have taken over social media lately may be a good option. The best ones combine percussion therapy with vibration therapy to help release tension in both surface and deep tissue layers. Many are in the $400+ range, but this one is about half that and is made by one of the highest rated manufacturers on the market.
4. Organix Bed by IntelliBED (Mention Mommypotamus for 10% off + Free delivery + Free Mattress Protector + Free Sheets) – My husband and I LOVE our mattress – read about what makes them different here. We had friends visit last Thanksgiving and after one night on an Intellibed they’re ready to buy one! Another great option is My Green Mattress. They make the most affordable certified organic mattresses I know of, which is pretty amazing since they handcraft them in the United States.
5. 15 Foot Rectangular Trampoline – Skywalker Trampolines use a patented no-gap enclosure design that eliminates dangerous gaps between the enclosure net and the jumping surface.
6. Ninja Warrior Obstacle Course for Kids – A couple of years ago I read a book called Playborhood, which is all about creating opportunities for play in front and backyards. This easy to set-up kit helps you create your own backyard gym/obstacle course, and based on the rave reviews kids love it.
7. MyoBuddy Massager (SAVE $50 WITH CODE MOMMYPOTAMUS) – This myofascial release massager does all types of massage: Relaxation, Trigger Point, Deep Tissue, Recovery, Sports, Circulatory, Friction, Percussion, and Mobility. I use ours pretty much every day, and my husband uses it pretty often, too. I also occasionally use it to massage my kids backs before bed and they LOVE it. With coupon code MOMMYPOTAMUS you can save $50 off the Pro2, $100 off the Pro2+ and $150 off the Couples or Recovery Package.
Know someone who might find this list helpful?
Please share it with them! 🙂