When I was growing up, last-minute holiday shopping was part of the fun of the season, but now I can’t think of anything fun about standing in long lines! I’d much rather shop in my pj’s at home in my pj’s while sipping an eggnog latte, then use the time I would have spent driving from store-to-store doing . . . well, ANYTHING but that.
If you like to keep things low stress, save time, and buy thoughtful gifts that friends and family will love, I’ve put together this 2022 gift guide for you. It includes many of my favorite (and most well-received) gifts through the years, plus a few that are on my wish list this year.
Gift Guide For Women ^
Whether it’s for your mom, sister, best friend, favorite aunt, or another cherished woman in your life, there’s a little something here for everyone.
Oh, and this year I’ve divided this category into different interests so that you can easily find meaningful gifts for the person you have in mind. 🙂
Gifts for The Wellness Lover
1. Heat Healer Infrared Sauna Blanket (SAVE 20% WITH CODE MP20) – Sauna blankets are perfect for people who want a portable, compact, and more affordable way to get a deep, therapeutic sweat going. Many years ago I bought a large sit-in sauna and I’ve been using several times a week ever since, but I recently left it behind during an extended road trip. Rather than completely miss out on my daily sessions, I bought a Heat Healer to take with me and LOVED it. Here’s my full review.
2. Dry Skin Brush Trio – The benefits of dry brushing range from improved skin softness and texture (including decreased cellulite), to immune support, hormone balance and more. This set is well made and comes with a stiff brush and a softer one, both of which I love. It also comes with a face brush. This brush has longer, firmer bristles than you’ll find with most brands, which makes it a great choice for people who already have a solid dry brushing routine.
3. Vibrant Body Company Gift Card (SAVE15% WITH MP15) – Most bras contain painful, lymph restricting underwires and chemical-laden fabrics than can easily transfer toxins into our skin due to long periods of contact time. Even underwire-free options like sports bras come with serious concerns – a recent study found that many contain BPA. That’s why I’m so excited about the bras, underwear and shelfie tank tops offered by Vibrant Body Company. They’re comfortable and truly supportive thanks to a unique design that does NOT include underwires, and they’re made with OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certified clean ingredients.
4. Kitchen Counter Sprout Growing Kit – Broccoli sprouts are a potent source of a phytochemical called sulforaphane, which plays a huge role in detoxification, antioxidant protection, and cellular resilience. It activates the Nrf2 gene pathway, which is sometimes called the “longevity pathway.” With this kit and these seeds they can be easily grown at home along with other sprouts that are rich in B vitamins (including folate), plus C, K, minerals, enzymes, antioxidants and fiber. I particularly like alfalfa sprouts.
5. Organic Sauna or Spa Towel – A few years ago I scheduled a spa day with a friend to celebrate her birthday, and they gave us towels similar to these to wear. I loved how they made the whole experience feel more special, so I bought a similar set to keep at home for “spa sessions” with my daughter. This one is super soft, comes packaged for gifting, and also works really well as a sauna towel.
6. DefenderShield Phone Case – Independently tested, this phone case uses conductive, non-conductive and advanced absorption shielding materials together to block, divert, and absorb EMFs, Radio Frequency (RF) and heat radiation.
7. Organic Cotton Leggings from Pact – These fair-trade leggings are super comfy.
Gifts That Soothe Body & Soul
8. Jasmine Essential Oil Diffuser (Several colors available) – I love this one because it can be set to interval mode, allowing it to diffuse for 10 minutes and then turn off for 20 minutes. With this setting, essential oils can be consistently diffused without becoming overwhelming. Also, it can run in interval mode for 21 hours, so it’s basically set-and-forget.
9. YnM Weighted Blanket – Research shows that weighted blankets calm our sympathetic nervous system (fight or flight mode) and increase parasympathetic activity (rest and recuperation mode). They can be used during the day to increase a sense of well-being or at night for better sleep. Made with soft 100% Okeo Tex cotton and glass beads, this blanket comes in several sizes and weights for kids and adults. It can also be paired with a machine washable duvet coverfor easy cleaning. Click here to read more about the benefits of weighted blankets and how to choose a weight.
10. Bearaby Weighted Blanket – These handmade weighted blankets are made with a gorgeous chunky knit that’s as beautiful as it is functional. Bearaby uses organic cotton, and their blankets are washable. Though I purchase 99.9% of the products I recommend on this site, Bearaby gave me one adult blanket and one kids blanket to test. Both are well-loved in our house, and we highly recommend them. You can see them all here.
11. Beeswax Candles from Fontana Candle Company (SAVE 15% WITH CODE MP15) – Unlike paraffin candles, which release carcinogens like toluene and benzene into the air, these vibrantly scented candles are made with just three simple ingredients – beeswax, coconut oil, and pure essential oils. Fontana Candle Company is the first to receive MADE SAFE® certification for its candles.
Gifts That Nourish
12. Alitura Skincare – Andy Hnilo, an actor/model whose jaw was broken in five places when he was hit by a car, developed these products to help his scars heal. They did an amazing job. I especially like the night cream, which includes stem cells from the edelweiss plant and grass-fed colostrum. It’s incredibly rich and luxurious, and a little goes a long way.
13. Toups & Co Tallow Balm (SAVE 15% WITH MPHOLIDAY15)– Tallow is uniquely compatible with our skin’s biology, leaving it supple and nourished after use. My friend Emilie makes the best whipped tallow balm I’ve ever tried. It smells amazing, and she’s carefully formulated the essential oils in each blend to be safe for use on the face and with children.
14. Magnesium Lotion – Magnesium is often called the “magic mineral” due to its ability to relax achy muscles, mitigate the effects of stress, and calm the mind by supporting the production of the neurotransmitter GABA. This study also suggests that magnesium may improve sleep quality by increasing melatonin levels and decreasing cortisol levels. Unfortunately for some people, magnesium oil can cause an itchy or uncomfortable sensation when applied in undiluted form. I have tried and loved two magnesium lotions – this one which blends skin-calming ingredients like apricot oil, mango butter, and beeswax with high potency transdermal magnesium and is currently sold out – plus this one which is wonderful, too!
15. Coconut Milk Bath – Add a few tablespoons (or more) for a luxurious, deeply hydrating bath soak experience. Comes in a branded box that works well for gifting.
Gifts That Sparkle & Shine
16a – 16b. Clovis Jewelry – If you looked through my house right now, you’d find a handful thoughtful gifts that readers have sent over the years – wool potholders, a handmade coffee mug, and a signed copy of a beloved book are all items I’ve received and treasured. This year, Sarah Welles offered to send me a few pieces of her handmade jewelry, and I gratefully accepted.
As the designer behind Clovis Jewelry, Sarah crafts every piece in her home studio using gemstones (turquoise, coral, carnelian, pearls, citrine, lapis, jade, etc.) sterling silver, gold filled, rose gold filled metal and occasionally leather to bring the highest quality to her customers. Her pieces are delicate, lightweight, and perfect for all-day wear! I particularly love her gold-filled and sterling silver spiral rings, Linley earrings, August necklace and crescent cuffs, but the entire shop is worth a look.
17. Amazonite Bracelet – My daughter handmade a gorgeous bracelet similar to this one for me last year, and I absolutely love its soothing colors. This particular bracelet comes with a secret superpower – the ability to help track menstrual cycles. Whether or not your recipient uses it that way, it’s gorgeous.
18. Ear Seeds – Created by licensed acupuncturist Elie Goldschmidt, L.Ac., ear seeding is a needle-free way to influence the nervous system in ways that – depending on the specific points use – is thought to support skin clarity, ease feelings of stress and anxiousness, support focus, deepen sleep and more. Known as auriculotherapy, this modality involves placing a small seed on the cartilage of your outer ear and fixing it into place with clear or flesh-colored adhesive. When an acupuncturist recommended (and placed) ear seeds for me awhile ago I found that massaging the area a few times a day increased my feelings of relaxation and well-being.
Gifts for Budding Herbalists & Plant Lovers
19. Indoor Herb Garden Planter – Know someone that loves cooking with fresh basil, thyme, or rosemary? This self-lit indoor planter is like installing an extra sunny window in the kitchen for growing fresh herbs or succulents. It comes with an automatic timer that will deliver the optimal lightwaves for growing 16 hours a day, then shut off for 8 hours each night.
20. Minima Loose Leaf Tea Infuser – This mug is perfect for infusing loose leaf spiced chai and dried herbs. I love using it to brew my evening cup of relaxing passionflower tea.
21. Glass Tea Kettle – Any time I post about the benefits of a specific herbal tea on Instagram, I almost always receive as many comments about the kettles I use as the herbs themselves. I love this one because it can be used on the stovetop to brew for blooming teas, loose leaf teas that plump up when steeped, and fresh herbs and/or citrus. One important thing to know about all stovetop safe glass teapots, though, is that they’re intended to be used over MEDIUM heat, not HIGH heat. For a full list of glass teapots I recommend check out this article.
22. Tabletop Bulb Glass Vase Set – Gorgeous and functional, this set is perfect for propagating herb and plant cuttings. When I’m not using for herbs I place ivy cuttings in each one to add a pop of color to my kitchen table. They can thrive for many months before they outgrow the bulbs and need to be transferred.
23. The Making Herbal Preparations 101 Course from Herbal Academy – Perfect for the curious beginner herbalist, this course covers the four basic categories of herbal preparations, 12 everyday safe herbs to use at home, and 33 DIY herbal recipes from teas and tinctures to salves and oils. It will guide your recipient through 7 convenient and compact lessons that are chock-full of hands-on activities, videos, and helpful herbal charts to guide them on their way to making herbal preparations at home.
24. Vibrant Botanicals: Transformational Recipes Using Adaptogens & Other Healing Herbs – Written by my friend Jenny McGruther, founder of Nourished Kitchen, this book goes beyond teas and tinctures. It covers the unique benefits of different botanicals while masterfully incorporating them into delicious recipes for every meal of the day.
25a – 25b. Healing Mushroom Growing Kit – Companies like North Spore are making it possible to grow therapeutic mushrooms at home – often on the kitchen counter! As you know I buy 99.99% of all the products I review on this site, but when both North Spore and another company offered to send some test kits to test out I agreed because I thought it would be fun to compare them. Here’s what I recommend:
- Reishi Kit from North Spore – This kit basically requires zero effort but takes time to mature. It comes sealed inside a clear bag which provides the perfect ecosystem for it, so you just put the bag in bright indirect sunlight and leave it alone until it fruits (grows mushrooms). No water misting needed. Read about the benefits of reishi here.
- Lion’s Mane, Blue Oyster, Pink Oyster or Golden Oyster Grow Kits from North Spore- These are beautifully packaged and super easy to work with.
26. Christopher Hobbs’s Medicinal Mushrooms – With stunning photos and lots of recipes, this book dives deep into the benefits of well-known mushrooms like chaga and shiitake, plus uncommon ones like honey mushroom and milky caps.
27. Healing Adaptogens: The Definitive Guide to Using Super Herbs and Mushrooms for Your Body’s Restoration, Defense, and Performance – Written by Tero Isokauppila, founder of the mushroom coffee company Four Sigmatic, this newly-released book dives into the benefits of adaptogenic herbs and mushrooms, plus how to use them.
Gifts for Coffee, Wine & Chocolate Lovers
28. Dry Farm Wines – This is hands down the healthiest and best collection of wines I’ve ever tasted. Every wine they sell is:
- Organic and biodynamic (beyond organic)
- Sugar-free (0 – 0.15g of total sugar per glass)
- Free of industrial additives (thickeners, dyes, etc.)
- Lower alcohol
- Tested for purity
- Made with natural yeast
Although they have subscriptions available, you can also just buy a one-time gift. I like to give them individually wrapped in jute wine bottle gift bags.
29. Purity Coffee (SAVE 20% WITH CODE MP20) – For the houses that run on laughter, love, and coffee. This is the only coffee I’ve found that is both organic and screened for mycotoxins and pesticides. Also, they use a unique roasting process that maximizes antioxidants while minimizing stuff your body doesn’t want like acrylamide.
30. Chemex Glass Coffee Maker – For the person who enjoys a really good cup of coffee, this is a great gift. As I shared in my post on why I switched, it brews coffee that is much less acidic and more smooth, and there’s literally no plastic involved. Don’t forget filters!
31. Raaka Chocolate – Made with unroasted cacao beans so you can taste the naturally fruity flavor of cacao, this chocolate uses wholesome ingredients to create amazing flavor combinations. They use single-origin, certified organic, fair trade cacao.
Kitchen Gifts That Will Delight
32. Nutr Nut Milk Maker – This little machine is amazing for dairy-free families that want to avoid the stabilizers, preservatives, and “natural flavors” found in commercial formulas . . plus save money in the long run. The Nutr can quickly make 1.5 cups of smooth, rich and creamy milk made from almonds, oats, hemp heart, coconut, walnut, rice and more. It doesn’t take up a lot of counter space and is super easy to use.
33. Glass Electric Tea Kettle – Made with sturdy borosilicate glass, this electric kettle comes with a stainless steel infuser that allows the recipient to make tea directly in the kettle. It holds a lot, too – up to 14 cups!
34. Truffle Salt – Most truffle salts are made with a blend of natural and synthetic flavorings, but not this one. Instead of skimping on the truffles and trying to increase the flavor profile with 2,4-dithiapentane, HEPP’S uses 100% Sicilian natural sea salt and 6% real black truffles. It’s delicious on french fries, popcorn, steak, and pasta . . . even scrambled eggs!
35. Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher with 3 Extra Filters (Save 15% with MP15 on your first order) – Give clean water for a year! This is my top countertop filter recommendation in terms of performance and price. Unlike most pitcher filters which barely do more than improve water taste by removing chlorine, it’s certified to remove 365+ contaminants – more than any other model I researched – all while keeping beneficial minerals intact.
36. Milk Frother – For lattes, matcha tea, hot cocoa, moon milk and more.
37. Cook Once, Eat All Week: 26 Weeks of Gluten-Free, Affordable Meal Prep to Preserve Your Time & Sanity – Created by Fed and Fit founder Cassy Joy Garcia, this meal prep method promises to cut your meal prep time in half and get dinner on the table in under 30 minutes each night. With a 4.6 star rating and 6,879 reviews, it’s one of the most beloved healthy cookbooks on Amazon. There are a few recipes that have corrections/updates which you can find here.
38. Yogurt Maker With Glass Jars – For making probiotic-rich milk or coconut milk yogurt.
39. Real Plans Membership – Know anyone who could use a personal assistant in the kitchen? Real Plans is way more than a meal generator or menu planner, it’s a personalized experience that takes your schedule into account, knows your dietary quirks, and even delivers a shopping list to your phone so you never forget anything. Did I say you? I meant your gift recipient. Or you, if you need an assistant, too!
Gifts That Make Road Trips (And Daily Trips) More Enjoyable
40. Clearly Filtered Water Bottle (SAVE 15% ON YOUR FIRST ORDER WITH MP15) – These bottles can “transform ordinary tap water into clean and safe drinking water by simply sipping through the straw. Wherever the day takes you, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your tap water is free from up to 99.9% of 220+ contaminants. Perfect for the gym, water fountains, restaurants, and more.”
41. Car Seat Headrest Hooks – Sometimes it really is the little things that make life better. With three kids sharing our backseat, leg room is important . . . and so is having stuff available to keep them fed and entertained during long car trips. These hooks make it easy to have snacks, books, and more readily available. They also work well for holding shopping bags (instead of everything falling over when you drive).
42. Jute Market Tote – This sturdy bag can be used as a grocery bag, shopping tote, or carryall. This one is really cute, too. Just fyi, the photo shows the front and bag of one bag, not two separate bags. 🙂
43. Stainless Steel YETI Insulated Coffee Tumbler – This tumbler keeps drinks hot or cold for hours and – unlike many tumblers – is dishwasher safe.
44. Essential Oil Car Diffuser – This makes short errands and long road trips so much more enjoyable!
45. Essential Oil Travel Tote– I keep this small tote in my bag for day-to-day use – the sides are linked with little pockets that hold essential oils bottles. It would pair perfectly with a car diffuser as a gift.
Self-Care & Beauty Gifts
46. Santal Black Everyday Fragrance & Body Oil – Many perfumes hide endocrine disruptors and other harmful ingredients under the catchall label of fragrance, but this light everyday fragrance and body oil lists every one. It’s got a smooth aroma with sandalwood, vanilla and black pepper notes.
47. Natural Pumice Stone – Made from hardened lava, this pumice stone is perfect for removing dry, rough skin from feet and elbows. Can be paired with homemade whipped body butter or store-bought body butter with clean ingredients.
48. Zer0 Nail Polish from 100% Pure – These polishes are free of formaldehyde, toluene, dibutyl phthalate, phthalates, formaldehyde resin and other harmful ingredients commonly found in nail polish. They’re gluten-free, too.
49. Rose Quartz Face Roller & Gua Sha Set – Face rolling promotes circulation for healthy-looking skin, releases muscle tension in the face, and supports lymphatic flow (which may reduce the appearance of puffiness). This set includes a face roller which is mostly for circulation and lymph flow, and a gua sha stone for fascial release.
50. Online Gift Card to 100% Pure – Give the gift of fruit pigmented makeup and natural skincare while letting your recipient pick out their preferred products. 100% Pure also has gift sets available.
51. Hair Fork – Helps hold messy buns in place while adding a bit of style. I’ve had a wood one similar to the above picture for years, but these metal ones look like good options, too. This wood flower is also lovely.
52. Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Serum from 100% Pure – Helps reduce puffiness and brightens the under eye area. If you’re already placing an order with 100% Pure and want to add another wonderful addition to your cart, consider this Matcha Oat Milk Nourishing Mask.
53. Wakeup Light – Our circadian rhythms – which guide when we feel alert and when we feel sleepy – are tied to light and darkness. This wakeup light simulates sunrise, which helps our bodies body synchronize our internal clocks (which are often dysregulated due to blue light at night, etc.) so that we knows when to dial up the hormones that produce energy, and when to make the ones that help us drift off to sleep.
54. Verilux HappyLight – It’s no secret that moms love sleep, and we use an incredible amount of focus and energy everyday just keeping #allthethings going. Setting early morning sunlight is amazing for supporting mood, focus, energy levels, and deep sleep at night, so all moms get outside early in the morning, right?
If you’re shaking your head and laughing, let me introduce you to the Verilux HappyLight. It allows moms to bring the sleep supporting, mood lifting and focus/energy benefits of early morning sunlight inside as they get ready for the day.
55. Sound + Sleep SE Noise Machine– If you’ve ever tried to drown out the sound of barking dogs, loud neighbors, or other disruptive sounds, you know how helpful sound machines can be for falling (and staying) asleep. Unfortunately, as I cover in this article, white noise machines contain harsh, high-pitched frequencies that can actually raise cortisol levels, which is why many manufacturers have begun offering other (more soothing) colors of noise – particularly pink and brown. With 64 settings, the Sound + Sleep SE pretty much has it all.
56. 100% Silk Pillowcase – Cotton and polyester pillowcases create more friction on skin and hair than silk, which some people say contributes to morning puffiness and more frizzy hair for people with wavy or curly hair. Cotton also tends to absorb oil and bacteria, which may lead to breakouts for some people. Silk tends to absorb less, which is why some dermatologists recommend it for acne-prone or sensitive skin.
Fitness & Recovery Gifts
57. Sunny Health Row-N-Ride – When my gym closed awhile ago I found myself craving a good row session. I ended up buying this machine that is a cross between a squat and a row machine and I absolutely love it. They have some videos on Youtube that your recipient can follow along with, and it folds up easily so that it’s out of the way when not in use.
58. MyoBuddy Massager (FREE SHIPPING WITH CODE MOMMYPOTAMUS) – This myofascial release massager is helpful for people who tend to carry a lot of muscle tension, are athletes, or deal with chronic pain. It does all types of massage: Relaxation, Trigger Point, Deep Tissue, Recovery, Sports, Circulatory, Friction, Percussion, and Mobility. I use it in the same pattern I learned for dry brushing to support detox and lymph flow. It’s incredibly relaxing and something I look forward to instead of just checking it off my to-do list.
Gift Guide For Men ^
Clean Personal Care
59. Toups & Co. Frankincense Tallow Balm (SAVE 15% WITH MPHOLIDAY15) – This stuff smells amazing. Tallow is uniquely compatible with our skin’s biology, leaving it supple and nourished after use.
60. Shower Scalp Massager – In addition to just feeling amazing, this scalp massager removes dandruff and/or hair product buildup and helps clear clogged follicles. (Clogged follicles can impair normal hair growth.)
61. Wild Man Grooming Kit – This woodsy-scented set is made with high-quality, natural ingredients and packaged in a rustic crate with moss and dried botanicals. Think fir needles, fresh-cut lumber, and mountain air.
62. Striking Viking Beard Oil Set – Crafted with organic ingredients, this set contains four blends (Vanilla, Citrus, Cedar & Sandalwood) that soften beard scruff and moisturize facial skin.
63. Honest Amish Beard Balm – If your guy’s beard needs deep conditioning power, this balm is the way to go. It’s made with organic oils and natural butters like hokum and cocoa butter, plus organic essential oils.
Fitness & Muscle Recovery Gifts
64. Heat Healer Body Belt With Infrared, PEMF & Red Light Therapy (SAVE 20% WITH CODE MP20) – I recently bought a Heat Healer Infrared Sauna Blanket to take on an extended road trip, and after reading my review the company founder asked if I’d be interested in trying out their newly released body belt with Triple Threat Technology™. It took 3 years to research and develop, and combines three different therapies (infrared heat, PEMF therapy and red light therapy) to target areas of the body affected by pain and inflammation.
I already have devices that deliver all of these therapies separately, but I love the idea of combining them so I agreed to let her send us one to test. My husband and I have both tried it and agree that it’s a great option for easing muscle aches, supporting recovery after a workout, and general relaxation.
65. Lifepro Sonic Handheld Percussion Massage Gun – Great for people who primarily deal with tough muscle knots and aches. This massage gun comes with 5 interchangeable heads that help release tension in both surface and deep tissue layers.
66. Massage Lacrosse Balls for Myofascial Release, Trigger Point Therapy, Muscle Knots, and Yoga Therapy – To use these, just tell the recipient to place the ball on the area with muscle tension and then lean their weight onto it. Super easy and so helpful!
67. Shiatsu Pillow Massager with Heat – We have one of these and it’s amazing for working on the neck, shoulders, lower back, thighs and calves.
Gifts for Better Nights & Mornings
68. Blue Blocking Glasses from Defendershield – Computer screens, TV’s, phones and even regular light bulbs emit blue light, which the body perceives as sunlight. Blue light exposure after sundown can suppresses the release of melatonin, which disrupts our bodies process of preparing for sleep at night. My husband I and both wear blue blocking glasses at night – they’ve definitely helped us fall asleep easier and improved our overall sleep quality.
69. Cooling Bamboo Weighted Blanket from YnM – Perfect for hot sleepers, this blanket helps calm the sympathetic nervous system (fight or flight mode) and increase parasympathetic activity (rest and recuperation mode). It can be used in the daytime to create a sense of well-being.
70. Four Sigmatic Powdered Mushroom Coffee With Chaga and Cordyceps (SAVE 15% WITH MP15) – Infused with mushrooms that support brain function and help the body adapt to stress, Four Sigmatic powdered coffees just need to be mixed with water. My husband and I always keep a few packages stashed away in our bags – my purse, his satchel – for coffee emergencies. 🙂
71. Swanwick Sleep Aviator Blue Blocking Glasses – Like the Defendershield glasses mentioned above, these blue light glasses can improve sleep by filtering out melatonin-disrupting blue light.
72. YETI Tumbler – We’ve had these for years and love how well they keep drinks hot/cold. They’re also extremely durable and dishwasher safe.
Travel & Tech Gifts
73. Eco-Friendly Leather Messenger/Laptop Bag – This bag is very sturdy and perfect for a laptop (15 inch or smaller) and a few books. It’s made with natural tanning techniques and is ethically crafted by an artisan community in the desert region of Rajasthan, India.
74. DefenderShield Phone Case – Independently tested, this phone case uses conductive, non-conductive and advanced absorption shielding materials together to block, divert, and absorb EMFs, Radio Frequency (RF) and heat radiation.
75. Kindle Paperwhite – This e-reader is my husband’s favorite way to read. After hours on a computer, the Kindle offers convenience without the eyestrain of a computer screen. It’s smaller than a tablet and lights up in the dark so he can read without a flashlight. I like that he can add to his library often without us having to install extra bookshelves we don’t really have space for. (Fyi, he downloads books via wifi and then reads in airplane mode to keep the device low-EMF.)
76. Leather Toiletry Case – Can be paired with tallow balm or a collection of travel-sized essentials.
77. Solar Phone Charger – This water resistant solar charger comes with two ports so that phones can be charged simultaneously. It also has a built-in flashlight.
78. Firestarter Set – Have you ever started a fire with nothing but some kindling and striker? Me neither, but your recipient can with the überleben Zünden Fire Starter. It can throw sparks in any weather and at any altitude, and it’s designed to be carried around the neck for easy portability.
79. 100 Parks, 5,000 Ideas: Where To Go, When To Go, What To See, What To Do – For the guy that’s craving a little adventure, this National Geographic guide to U.S. and Canadian parks is perfect for planning family experiences.
80. Stainless Steel Manual Coffee Grinder – For travel, camping and hiking. Because coffee.
81. Portable Hammock for Backyard, Beach, Hiking, and Camping – This strong, lightweight hammock is easy to setup and very durable.
Snacks & Gourmet Gifts for Guys
82. PaleoValley Grass-Fed Beef Sticks – This is the only company in the US that uses old-world methods of fermenting so that their beef sticks are shelf stable without the use of chemicals or questionable ingredients. Virtually all other similar snack stick products use GMO corn-based citric acid encapsulated in hydrogenated oils to process their products. Instead, PaleoValley sticks contain gut-friendly probiotics! I personally like the jalapeno flavor, but my kids prefer the original and summer sausage flavors.
83. Primal Palate Spice Blends – They say variety is the spice of life . . . I say spices add variety. 🙂 These blends are SO flavorful and come in a few different sets that will make great gifts:
- Signature Blend Trio – Adobo Seasoning, Meat & Potatoes Seasoning, and Barbecue Rub
- Food Lovers Pack – New Bae Seasoning (their take on Old Bay), Amore (their take on Italian Seasoning), and Jerk Seasoning
- Griddle & Grill Pack – Steak Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, & Seafood Seasoning
84. Clean Wine – Dry Farm Wines offers curated collections of 6 or 12 bottles delivered directly to your (or your recipient’s) door. They offer an annual membership as a gift, but you can also buy gift boxes. As I mentioned in this post on the benefits of wine, it’s hands down the healthiest collection of wines I’ve ever found. Every wine they make is grown with organic practices and doesn’t contain Mega Purple food coloring or sawdust, which are just some of the 70+ approved additives used in conventional wine. Each bottle is virtually sugar-free, containing less than 1g/L of total sugars (including fructose and glucose).
Gift Guide For Teens ^
85. Troomi Phone (USE CODE MPSAVE) – Troomi is an all-in-one solution that allows parents to GRADUALLY increase phone functionality as kids needs and maturity levels grow . . . all from a super convenient and easy Parent Portal. It comes with a great camera for capturing memories with friend, access to highly vetted safe apps, group texting with approved contacts (and no one else), the ability to check email and listen to audiobooks/podcasts, and more.
86. DefenderShield Phone Case – Independently tested, this phone case uses conductive, non-conductive and advanced absorption shielding materials together to block, divert, and absorb EMFs, Radio Frequency (RF) and heat radiation.
87. Online Gift Card to 100% Pure – Your recipient can pick out their preferred colors of fruit pigmented makeup, plus a wide range of natural skincare products. 100% Pure also has gift sets available.
88. YnMM Weighted Blanket or Bearaby Weighted Blanket– Because teens may be too old to swaddle, but they need to unwind and get deep sleep, too.
89. Zer0 Nail Polish from 100% Pure – These polishes are free of formaldehyde, toluene, dibutyl phthalate, phthalates, formaldehyde resin and other harmful ingredients commonly found in nail polish. They’re gluten-free, too.
90. Wakeup Light – Our circadian rhythms – which guide when we feel alert and when we feel sleepy – are tied to light and darkness. This wakeup light simulates sunrise, which helps our bodies body synchronize our internal clocks (which are often dysregulated due to blue light at night, etc.) so that we knows when to dial up the hormones that produce energy, and when to make the ones that help us drift off to sleep.
91. Bedshelfie – Creates bedside storage without taking up floor space.
92. Unisex Organic Cotton Beanie – Lightweight and comfy.
93. Tea Tree Detox Mask from 100% Pure – Supports skin clarity without being overly harsh.
94. “Words To Live By” Hidden Message Bracelet – These stainless steel bracelets contain a hidden message that is inscribed on the inside. Many of the inscriptions are inspirational phrases like “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations” and “Beautiful girl, you can do hard things,” but some are not teen appropriate. If profanity offends you be aware that there are quite a few on the product listing alongside other options. If you don’t see a phrase that you love, you can customize your own. The JoyCuff bracelet comes in a nice box that works well for gifting.
95. Wooden Flower Hair Fork – Helps hold messy buns in place while adding a bit of style. I’ve had a wood one similar to the above picture for years, but these metal ones look like good options, too. This one is simple and beautiful, too.
96. Dry Shampoo– This is a great option with a fresh scent and safe ingredients.
97. Natural Bath Bombs Gift Set – Handmade in the United States using high quality ingredients like organic shea butter, Dead Sea salt, kaolin clay and essential oils like eucalyptus, vanilla and chamomile, these bath bombs are beautifully packaged for gifting.
98. Amazon Gift Card – Because sometimes the best gift is the one they choose.
99. Pre-Diluted Frankincense Essential Oil Roll-On – Helpful for emotional grounding and immune support. Also smells good. 🙂
Gift Guide For Kids ^
See the Gifts for The Whole Family section for more ideas.
100. Chef Junior: 100 Super Delicious Recipes for Kids by Kids – I might be biased, but this is a must-have for kids. Written by my daughter Katie along with several of her friends, it introduces basic cooking skills alongside mouthwatering recipes that kids will love. In terms of life skills, cooking is one of my top priorities as a parent. Knowing what a nourishing meal consists of and how to prepare it is essential to a growing child’s health and well-being.
101. Water Garden Water Garden & Fish Tank – This tank incorporates plants into the design to simulate an ecosystem that keeps the water clean for longer than regular tanks. A heater is needed for bettas and other tropical fish.
102. Fort Building Kit – For younger kids (5-7) this is a fun way to encourage imagination and problem-solving skills.
103. Clearly Filtered Water Bottle for Kids (SAVE 15% ON YOUR FIRST ORDER WITH MP15) – These bottles can “transform ordinary tap water into clean and safe drinking water by simply sipping through the straw. Wherever the day takes you, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your tap water is free from up to 99.9% of 220+ contaminants.” Perfect for the gym, school, water fountains, restaurants, and more.
104. Adams Healing Adventures – Whether it’s starting a healing diet or just wondering why friends have “fun” snacks that your family doesn’t eat, kids don’t always understand the “why” behind healthy choices. When they do, though, it makes it easier to embrace the process. This book from my friend and Mommypotamus site medical reviewer, Madiha Saeed, MD, follows a young boy named Adam who has asthma, allergies and eczema on his healing journey. It helps kids understand inflammation, the power of gratitude, stress management, gut health, rainbow (antioxidant-rich) foods, the importance of getting out in nature, detoxification, sleep, and the power of good foods.
105. Mini Trampoline – I bought a folding trampoline when my kids were little so that they could “get out their wiggles” on cold, rainy days. Even though they’re older now they still use it, which I love because it supports healthy lymph flow (a part of healthy immune function).
106. Sensory Swing – This pod swing creates a comfy, peaceful environment for kids to play, read, or just unwind. It’s made with 100% cotton breathable fabric.
107. Puzzle Projector That Really Works – Although it says its for kids that are 14+, I’m considering it for my 11 year old who is very good with engineering-type stuff. This amazing looking 3D Machinarium Robot looks like a good option, too, and it’s made for kids 8+. Actually, ROKR has so many options that will fascinate kids it’s probably best just to check out their whole collection.
108. Real Wood Ukulele – Last year my daughter’s interest shifted from online piano classes to online ukulele classes through Udemy. I think it’s one of the most joyful sounding instruments that can be enjoyed solo, and it’s super easy to learn.
109. Catan Board Game – My kids love this game and with over 31,900 five-star ratings on Amazon it looks like a lot of other people do, too.
110. Edible Organic Gourmet Mushroom Growing Kit – The kids get a fascinating look at the natural world, and you get edible mushrooms. Win win!
111. Life On Earth Memory Matching Game – This is the game we knew as “Memory” when we were kids, only it has gorgeous, vibrant colors and nature-inspired scenes.
112. Q&A a Day – Ask your kids one fun question every day for a year and write down their responses. Then the next year, you ask them all the same questions and see how their responses change as they grow.
113. Piggy Paint Nail Polish – Comes in fun colors and is free of formaldehyde, toluene, phthalates, Bisphenol A, ethyl acetate and acetone.
114. Wobble Board – Perfect for easing restlessness during colder months when kids are stuck inside more, this wobble board supports development of the vestibular system (which is connected to both balance and the ability to regulate emotions).
115. Newtons Laws STEM Construction Kit – Kids learn all about Newton’s Laws of Motion by building working models like a catapult, a drag racer, a balloon powered plane, and more.
116. Salt Lamp Night Light – I love that these give off warm light instead of blue light, which can disrupt melatonin production and keep kids awake.
117. Guardian Bikes – Training wheels were the norm for most of us, but these days many parents opt for balance bikes, which are easy to ride and help kids develop the balance, coordination, strength and fine motor skills needed to transition to a regular bike. Guardian Bikes makes high quality balance bikes for little kids, plus durable bikes for older kids that are easy to control and balance.
118. Buddha Board – This “canvas” allows you to paint and then watch your art fade away like disappearing ink. My daughter selected this as her souvenir on a trip and it was such a hit.
119. Beeswax Crayons – These crayons come in a thick version (for little hands) and a thin version for older kids. They’re made with 100% beeswax and non-toxic pigments.
120. Sun Art – Kids make a “photograph” without a camera . . . and the results are beautiful! My kids have created some with leaves and ferns that are totally frameworthy.
121. Herbal Adventures: Backyard Excursions and Kitchen Creations for Kids and Their Families – If you have any interest in herbalism and want your kids to discover the edible and medicinal plants growing just beyond your front door, this is an amazing book! They’ll discover how to make homemade elderflower soda, itch-fix balm, nature’s paintbrushes, tummy tea and more. Some recipes call for fresh herbs, but it’s also possible to skip the foraging and dive into making the recipes with purchased, dried herbs.
122. Magna Tiles – These were more of an investment but my boys love them and play with them for hours on end each week. Because of their simplicity and ease of use, these were the first building blocks all three kids enjoyed together.
123. Perplexus – This 3D marble maze game challenges children to use spatial reasoning, motor skills, and hand-eye coordination. My son discovered it at a friend’s house and couldn’t put it down!
124. Blue Blocking Glasses For Kids – When we wind down a busy day with a movie, I make sure my littles wear blue blocking glasses so that the blue light from the t.v. doesn’t make it difficult for them to fall asleep. I want them to be able to fall asleep easily because it’s good for them . . and good for me. 🙂 My favorite brands are:
125. Natural Paints – Made with natural pigments, organic cornstarch and tree sap, these watercolor paints create beautiful, earthy colors.
126. Magnesium Lotion – This “magic mineral” infused lotion is great for easing achy muscles and supporting sleep. It’s really helpful for easing growing pains, too. I have tried and loved two magnesium lotions – this one which blends skin-calming ingredients like apricot oil, mango butter, and beeswax with high potency transdermal magnesium and is currently sold out – plus this one for kids which is wonderful, too!
127. Cotton Pajamas – Every year I buy my kids a new pair of 100% cotton, OKEO-Tex certified pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve . . . and throughout the remaining 364 days until the next year. They’re super cute for photos, durable, and comfy.
128. Pajama Bottoms – To go with the tops. 🙂
Gifts for Babies & Pregnant Mamas ^
129. Organic Milestone Blanket – These didn’t exist when my kids were babies and I want a do-over! Basically, the idea is that the blankets have numbers on them that can be “circled” in photos using stars (and other objects) to show babies age. You take photos every month and then look at them together to see how baby has grown.
130. Hope & Henry Organic Romper – My husband introduced me to Hope & Henry organic cotton clothing a few years ago and I love all of the baby stuff. This is exhibit A. 🙂 This one is made with 100% organic cotton except for the trim. Completely adorable.
131. Organic Love To Dream Swaddle – This blanket soothes babies while allowing them to sleep with their hands up around their head instead of tight by their side. I’ve heard great things about it from several moms, and it gets rave reviews online, too. Here’s one:
We are third time parents, and we’ve never been good at swaddling. And, who are we kidding?, at Bleery-eye o’clock in the morning, who really wants to try to origami baby back into a bundle after that extreme diaper blowout? Enter Love to Dream! We looooove this swaddle! Our 5-week-old daughter has taken to it like a dream. We ordered the smaller size, and it fit all 10lbs 1.7 oz, 22 inches of her newborn self! I was put at ease knowing she wasn’t in danger of smothering like she would be with a blanket (even if it were tucked per safety recommendations, I always worry about blankets around my babies. Always.). She was cozy and comfortable. With a quick unzip from her feet up, we are able to keep her pretty cozy while changing her, so mid-nap or midnight changes haven’t been rude awakenings for her. I definitely recommend these, and will be buying more for her as she grows!”
132. EMF Protection Blanket from Defendershield – Made with organic bamboo, this blanket is a great option for pregnant mamas who need to be near a computer often throughout the day.
133. The Mama Natural Week-by-Week Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth – I love this book so much I wrote an entire article about it. It’s beautifully illustrated and written with real mamas in mind. Genevieve literally had me crying in the opening pages as she talked about her own birth experiences, and the whole book feels like a fascinating conversation instead of a list of do’s and don’ts. (Weird fact, Genevieve and I birthed our babies within 24 hours of each other, and then three years later we did it again.)
134. Serenity Kids Sampler Pack – This low sugar baby food that uses only ethically sourced meats, organic savory veggies, and healthy fats. I wish it been around when my kids were little, especially for days we were on the go.
135. NoseFrida Nasal Aspirator – Okay, the whole idea behind this thing is kind of gross, but it’s one of those practical gifts that can be a lifesaver when a mama has a congested baby and can’t wait two days for one to be delivered. Congested babies who don’t sleep well lead to mamas who don’t sleep well, and babies and mamas need sleep, you know?
Wellness Gifts for the Whole Family ^
136. Clearlight Infrared Sauna (Mention Mommypotamus for up to $600 off and a free aromatherapy holder and backrest) – This is hands-down one of the best wellness gift my family has ever invested in. My husband and kids use it almost every morning to start their day, and I use it at night to wind down. You can read more about the benefits of sauna therapy here and my review of the sauna I have in my home here.
137. Lourdes Hydrofix from Holy Hydrogen (SAVE $100 WITH CODE MP100) – A quick search on PubMed will show that molecular hydrogen therapy (both inhaled and sipped as hydrogen water) seems to have a lot of benefits along with an excellent safety profile. In Japan, where most of the research on molecular hydrogen has been done, it’s actually used in hospitals. (1)
A few years ago I tried molecular hydrogen therapy (both inhaled and hydrogen water) at a biohacking conference. It was fun but I didn’t know much about it, so over the years I have researched on and off while looking for a high-quality home machine. Since most of the research is done in Japan, the best machines are Japanese, which is pretty great unless you’re trying to read instruction manuals.
This fall I finally bought the Lourdes Hydrofix from Holy Hydrogen, and I’m so happy I did. It is manufactured in Japan – and the main manual is in Japanese – but the amazing guys at Holy Hydrogen have created English videos and instructions that make using it super easy. Keep an eye out for a full review in 2023.
138. Joovv Red Light Therapy – Red light therapy has been shown to be helpful for collagen production, improving skin clarity, optimizing hormone levels, facilitating muscle recovery and more. In this post I explain why it works, plus what to look for in a red light therapy device.
139. BioBalance PEMF Mat (USE CODE 1HD-BB to save $75) – After trying different PEMF therapy devices at friends’ houses, my functional medicine MD’s office, and via sessions with a local PEMF therapist, I finally decided to test a couple of devices for at-home use. The BioBalance stood out to me because it has a Sleep Program that can be used before or during sleep and will run for up to 12 hours. Here’s what I think after using it for 6+ months. Click here for more info on the benefits of PEMF, and here for my full review of the BioBalance.
140. Ice Barrel or Cold Plunge – Last spring I bought a DIY ice bath setup from a local biohacker that was moving and couldn’t take it with him. As someone who grew up in Texas and now lives in Florida because I love to be warm, I was skeptical that I’d be able to force myself to stick to a plunge routine. There are so many benefits, though, so I commited to starting slow and working my way into several-times-per-week sessions. Now, I actually look forward to them!
Nothing puts me in “chill mode” more than a plunge when I wrap up my to-do list for the day, and morning sessions help immensely with focus and clarity. My DIY setup is great, but if someone hadn’t already built it I would have gone with a pre-made option like the affordable and compact Ice Barrel or the more luxurious Cold Plunge.
141. Whole Body Vibration Plate – My first experience with whole body vibration therapy was at a wellness clinic, and it made such a difference in my overall well-being that I bought one when I returned home. It supports detoxification (via lymphatic drainage) and calms the sympathetic (fight or flight) nervous system. It can also be used to amplify the effectiveness of exercise, and my husband and I use it for at-home workouts.
142. Blushield EMF Protection (SAVE 10% WITH MP10) – One day I was playing a game I call “Woo or True” with a Global Clinical Research Scholar from Harvard Medical School. Basically I asked him for his thoughts on a bunch of different wellness modalities – whether they’re legitimate or unlikely to be helpful. Toward the end of our conversation we got onto the subject of EMFs, and he recommended Blushield to me.
Unlike EMF-blocking technologies (which I still use on my phone and in other situations), Blushield is an active system that “produces coherent frequencies within the human responsive range, based on nature-mimicking mathematical algorithms.” I’ve covered before how our brains can entrain with certain frequencies, and according to Blushield our bodies also do the same thing. When coherent frequencies are available alongside the chaotic ones produced by non-native EMFs, Blushield says our bodies will preferentially tune into the coherent ones. Keep an eye out for a full review in 2023.
143. Lifepro Sonic Handheld Percussion Massage Gun – Great for people who primarily deal with tough muscle knots and aches. This massage gun comes with 5 interchangeable heads that help release tension in both surface and deep tissue layers.
144. Solo Smokeless Outdoor Fire Pit – For sitting under the stars and roasting homemade marshmallows.
145. Organix Bed by IntelliBED (Use code MOMMYPOTAMUS for 10% off + Free delivery + Free Mattress Protector + Free Weighted Blanket) – My husband and I LOVE our mattress – read about what makes them different here. Another great option is My Green Mattress. They make the most affordable certified organic mattresses I know of, which is pretty amazing since they handcraft them in the United States.
Stocking Stuffer Ideas ^
146. PaleoValley Superfood Bars – I keep a stash of these on hand for day that I don’t have time to make healthy snacks from scratch. They’re made with with NO ADDED SUGAR and MORE PROTEIN than typical bars.
That includes Grass Fed Bone Broth protein that’s rich in collagen – the most abundant protein in our bodies (bones, muscles, skin, blood vessels, tendons AND the digestive system).They also incorporate healthy fats and other nutrient-dense foods like vitamin C rich acerola cherry, spirulina, turmeric and wild blueberries. I recommend the Lemon Meringue and Apple Cinnamon flavors.
147. PaleoValley Grass-Fed Beef Sticks – This is the only company in the US that uses old-world methods of fermenting so that their beef sticks are shelf stable without the use of chemicals or questionable ingredients. Virtually all other similar snack stick products use GMO corn-based citric acid encapsulated in hydrogenated oils to process their products. Instead, PaleoValley sticks contain gut-friendly probiotics! I personally like the jalapeño flavor, but my kids prefer the original and summer sausage flavors.
148. Beekeeper’s Naturals Propolis Throat Spray – For daily immune support.
149. Pact Apparel Organic Socks – For women, men and kids
150. Magnetic Bookmarks – These are great for marking recipes in cookbook or saving a spot in a favorite novel.
151. Organic Lip Balm – This four-pack from Dr. Bronner’s is a great option.
Know someone who might find this list helpful?
Please share it with them! 🙂
- Motoaki Sano et. al. (2018) Promising novel therapy with hydrogen gas for emergency and critical care medicine
Read My Comment Policy
Heather! Thanks so much for this list! And thank you for all that you do. I’m an avid fan and am thrilled that you choose to share your thoughts with the world. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the potamuses!
Thank you. My Husbands sticking is finished now.
Sticking is what I meant
Really, my Kindle is bad. Stocking!!!!
Hi – great list! For the Wellness Mama cookbook, do you get the coupon book when ordering through Amazon?
Ahh, I’m so glad you asked this! I included this info in my review of Katie’s cookbook, but forgot to add it here. After you order via Amazon or any other store, just go to this page and fill out the form with your purchase info. You’ll get immediate access to all the bonuses: http://wellnessmama.com/mp-cookbook-prelaunch
Thank you heather for this amazing list of stuff! Have you heard of CubbyCase? I recently heard about them from another parent and they’re a learning through play subscription box for children, by Harvard experts! Thought that would make a really interesting gift for kids. (http://www.cubbycase.com)
This idea is a total rip off of the toy library concept. It’s really popular in Australia. Check it out:)
Heather, This is by far the best gift guide I’ve seen! I saw the post in my email newsletter, -along with the link for making a diffuser necklace. Perfect in time for the holidays, archive worthy email ? Thanks again for the hard work!
#5 on mens list is the same as #4 🙂
Interested to hear your thoughts on the coffee. I’ve read mixed reviews.
Love, love love this list! I have most of my Christmas gifts taken care of already (I make the women and older girls a gift basket of nontoxic personal care products, like Pure Haven Essentials’ awesome hand cream, chapstick, blush color stick, body scrub, etc), but your most awesome 2016 gift list will help for the guys and kids on my list (and some things for myself throughout the year)!
Wow! Some incredible gift ideas here. I like the idea of a mattress topper! That’s something they can use every day for a very very long time. Thanks for sharing!
Rachel Rausch Johnson
Great list! Now I know which mattress to get next year.
Thank you so much, great help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need more suggestions for gents! They are always the most difficult ones…………………..
You’re awesome.. I really appreciate you including Alitura in your Gift Guide 🙂 And it was nice meeting you at the Bulletproof Conference! Best of luck in 2018, would love to collaborate! -Andy
This is a awesome list. I like the idea of gifting a Kindle as a book lover myself.
The air fryer you have recommended is non stick coated.
“The company answered with this response to that question, “Thank you for your inquiry. The non stick interior is composed of a Fluoropolymer Based Coating.” Teflon is a Fluoropolymer based coating 🙁 ”
Unfortunately not easy to find one that is not coated. It is on my son’s list for Christmas.
I have not find a lot of option that would satisfy me. Almost all of them are not healthy.
I do not know what I will buy.
Thank you for your help anyway.
Fabulous lists! You’ve made my holiday shopping sooo much easier. Bless you!
By far the best gift guide I’ve seen! Thank you.
Thank you for this amazing list. I’m so thrilled you mentioned ear seeds. NAO Wellness created ear seed kits after we closed our brick and mortar wellness center. I also am obsessed with the jacuzzi sauna and have been using them for 20 years. Thank you again for all that you do.
your newsletter is always fantastic! just wanted to show gratitude over here.Much Love !
Non emf transmitting ear bud suggestions please