Usually I save the twinkling lights and hot apple cider for after Thanksgiving, but not this year. Part of the reason is that I want to infuse this season with as much joy as possible for as long as possible, but part of it is logistical, too.
With many items running low in stock right now and shipping times taking a little longer than usual, I’m ordering gifts early so that they arrive in time.
If you’re shopping early, too, I’ve put together this 2021 gift guide for you. It includes many of my favorite (and most well-received) gifts through the years, plus a few that are on my list this year.
Gift Guide For Women ^
Whether it’s for your mom, sister, best friend, favorite aunt, or another cherished woman in your life, there’s a little something here for everyone.
Oh, and this year I’ve divided this category into different interests so that you can easily find meaningful gifts for the person you have in mind. 🙂
Gifts That Sparkle & Shine
1. “Words To Live By” Hidden Message Bracelet – These stainless steel bracelets contain a hidden message that is inscribed on the inside. Many of the inscriptions are inspirational phrases – my personal favorite is “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations” – but some are, uh, not quite as mildly phrased. If profanity offends you be aware that there are quite a few on the product listing alongside other options. If you don’t see a phrase that you love, you can customize your own.The JoyCuff bracelet comes in a nice box that works well for gifting.
2. Ear Seeds – Created by licensed acupuncturist Elie Goldschmidt, L.Ac., ear seeding is a needle-free way to influence the nervous system in ways that – depending on the specific points use – is thought to support skin clarity, ease feelings of stress and anxiousness, support focus, deepen sleep and more. Known as auriculotherapy, this modality involves placing a small seed on the cartilage of your outer ear and fixing it into place with clear or flesh-colored adhesive. When an acupuncturist recommended (and placed) ear seeds for me awhile ago I found that massaging the area a few times a day increased my feelings of relaxation and well-being.
3. Amazonite Bracelet – My daughter handmade a gorgeous bracelet similar to this one for me last year, and I absolutely love its soothing colors. This particular bracelet comes with a secret superpower – the ability to help track menstrual cycles. Whether or not your recipient uses it that way, it’s gorgeous. (This one is pretty, too.)
4. Personalized Spinner Ring (Sterling Silver) – My husband gave me a ring similar to this one with my kids names stamped on it years ago and I still absolutely love it.
Gifts That Soothe The Soul
5. Jasmine Essential Oil Diffuser (Several colors available) – I love this one because it can be set to interval mode, allowing it to diffuse for 10 minutes and then turn off for 20 minutes. With this setting, essential oils can be consistently diffused without becoming overwhelming. Also, it can run in interval mode for 21 hours, so it’s basically set-and-forget.
6. LUNA Weighted Blanket – Research shows that weighted blankets calm our sympathetic nervous system (fight or flight mode) and increase parasympathetic activity (rest and recuperation mode). They can be used during the day to increase a sense of well-being or at night for better sleep. Made with soft 100% Okeo Tex cotton and glass beads, this machine-washable blanket comes in several sizes and weights for kids and adults. Click here to read more about the benefits of weighted blankets and how to choose a weight.
7. Bearaby Weighted Blanket – These handmade weighted blankets are made with a gorgeous chunky knit that’s as beautiful as it is functional. Bearaby uses organic cotton, and their blankets are washable. I’ve tested their cotton napper and my kids have tested their Nappling which is absolutely adorable. You can see them all here.
8. 100% Beeswax Candle – Unlike paraffin candles – which release carcinogens like toluene and benzene into the air – beeswax candles burn clean and bright while releasing a faint honey scent.
Gifts That Nourish
9. Alitura Skincare – Andy Hnilo, an actor/model whose jaw was broken in five places when he was hit by a car, developed these products to help his scars heal. They did an amazing job. I especially like the night cream, which includes stem cells from the edelweiss plant and grass-fed colostrum. It’s incredibly rich and luxurious, and a little goes a long way.
10. Toups & Co Tallow Balm (SAVE 15% WITH MPHOLIDAY15)– Tallow is uniquely compatible with our skin’s biology, leaving it supple and nourished after use. My friend Emilie makes the best whipped tallow balm I’ve ever tried. It smells amazing, and she’s carefully formulated the essential oils in each blend to be safe for use on the face and with children.
11. Magnesium Lotion – Magnesium is often called the “magic mineral” due to its ability to relax achy muscles, mitigate the effects of stress, and calm the mind by supporting the production of the neurotransmitter GABA. This study also suggests that magnesium may improve sleep quality by increasing melatonin levels and decreasing cortisol levels. Unfortunately for some people, magnesium oil can cause an itchy or uncomfortable sensation when applied in undiluted form. This magnesium lotion solves that by blending skin-calming ingredients like apricot oil, mango butter, and beeswax with high potency transdermal magnesium.
12. Coconut Milk Bath – Add a few tablespoons (or more) for a luxurious, deeply hydrating bath soak experience. Comes in a branded box that works well for gifting.
Gifts for The Wellness Lover
13. Dry Skin Brush Trio – The benefits of dry brushing range from improved skin softness and texture (including decreased cellulite), to immune support, hormone balance and more. This set is well made and comes with a stiff brush and a softer one, both of which I love. It also comes with a face brush. This brush has longer, firmer bristles than you’ll find with most brands, which makes it a great choice for people who already have a solid dry brushing routine.
14. DefenderShield Phone Case (SAVE 10% WITH MP10) – Independently tested, this phone case uses conductive, non-conductive and advanced absorption shielding materials together to block, divert, and absorb EMFs, Radio Frequency (RF) and heat radiation.
15. Organic Sauna or Spa Towel – A few years ago I scheduled a spa day with a friend to celebrate her birthday, and they gave us towels similar to these to wear. I loved how they made the whole experience feel more special, so I bought a similar set to keep at home for “spa sessions” with my daughter. This one is super soft, comes packaged for gifting, and also works really well as a sauna towel.
16. Ocushield Screen Filter – This transparent film blocks up to 90% of blue light emissions (which can negatively impact sleep and cause eye strain) when applied to a device’s screen like a screen protector. And unlike apps and ‘night mode’ settings, Ocushield doesn’t change the color on your screen. It’s an accredited Class 1 medical device by the MHRA in the UK.
17. Kitchen Counter Sprout Growing Kit – Broccoli sprouts are a potent source of a phytochemical called sulforaphane, which plays a huge role in detoxification, antioxidant protection, and cellular resilience. It activates the Nrf2 gene pathway, which is sometimes called the “longevity pathway.” With this kit and these seeds they can be easily grown at home along with other sprouts that are rich in B vitamins (including folate), plus C, K, minerals, enzymes, antioxidants and fiber. I particularly like alfalfa sprouts.
Gifts for Budding Herbalists & Plant Lovers
19. Indoor Herb Garden Planter – Know someone that loves cooking with fresh basil, thyme, or rosemary? This self-lit indoor planter is like installing an extra sunny window in the kitchen for growing fresh herbs or succulents. It comes with an automatic timer that will deliver the optimal lightwaves for growing 16 hours a day, then shut off for 8 hours each night.
21. Tabletop Bulb Glass Vase Set – Gorgeous and functional, this set is perfect for propagating herb and plant cuttings. When I’m not using for herbs I place ivy cuttings in each one to add a pop of color to my kitchen table. They can thrive for many months before they outgrow the bulbs and need to be transferred.
22. Tea Kettle – Any time I post about the benefits of a specific herbal tea on Instagram, I almost always receive as many comments about the kettles I use as the herbs themselves. This particular kettle is one of my favorites for brewing loose leaf herbal teas. I’ve found that I tend to make and drink more of them because I enjoy using it so much.
23. The Making Herbal Preparations 101 Course from Herbal Academy – Perfect for the curious beginner herbalist, this course covers the four basic categories of herbal preparations, 12 everyday safe herbs to use at home, and 33 DIY herbal recipes from teas and tinctures to salves and oils. It will guide your recipient through 7 convenient and compact lessons that are chock-full of hands-on activities, videos, and helpful herbal charts to guide them on their way to making herbal preparations at home.
24. Vibrant Botanicals: Transformational Recipes Using Adaptogens & Other Healing Herbs – Written by my friend Jenny McGruther, founder of Nourished Kitchen, this book goes beyond teas and tinctures. Itcover the unique benefits of different botanical while masterfully incorporating them into delicious recipes for every meal of the day.
25. Apothecary At Home Subscription Box – This hands-on approach to herbalism delivers a gift box of herbs, recipes and medicine-making projects, as well as study guides, collectible art prints, seeds and other bonus goodies for your recipients garden and apothecary. It can be given as a one-time gift or subscriptions, and each month has a different focus such as Herbal First Aid or Immunity. The boxes are thoughtfully packaged.
26. Healing Mushroom Growing Kit – Companies like North Spore and True Leaf Market are making it possible to grow therapeutic mushrooms at home – often on the kitchen counter! As you know I buy 99.99% of all the products I review on this site, but when both companies offered to send some test kits to test out I agreed because I thought it would be fun to compare them. I’ll write a full review in the future, but for now I recommend the following:
- Reishi Kit from North Spore (SAVE 10% WITH MOMMYPOTAMUS) – This kit basically requires zero effort but takes time to mature. It comes sealed inside a clear bag which provides the perfect ecosystem for it, so you just put the bag in bright indirect sunlight and leave it alone until it fruits (grows mushrooms). No water misting needed. Read about the benefits of reishi here.
- Lion’s Mane, Blue Oyster, Pink Oyster or Golden Oyster Grow Kits from North Spore (SAVE 10% WITH MOMMYPOTAMUS) – These are beautifully packaged and super easy to work with.
- Shiitake Mushroom Log Kit from True Leaf Market (SAVE 15% WITH WHILEITLASTS15) – When my husband and l lived on a farm we grew our own mushrooms using this exact method. They tend to produce for 2-3 years, which means tons of delicious mushrooms for stir-frys, salads, homemade stuffing, and more.
27. Healing Mushrooms: A Practical and Culinary Guide to Using Mushrooms for Whole Body Health – Written by Tero Isokauppila, founder of the mushroom coffee company Four Sigmatic, this book dives into the benefits of reishi, lions mane, chaga, oyster and other mushrooms, plus how to use them in recipes.
Gifts for Coffee, Wine & Chocolate Lovers
- Dandelion White
- Lavender Red
- Elderflower Bubbles
- Rose Blossom Bubbles
Every wine is grown with organic practices and doesn’t contain Mega Purple food coloring or sawdust, which are just some of the 70+ approved additives used in conventional wine. Each bottle is virtually sugar-free, containing less than 1g/L of total sugars (including fructose and glucose). They can be gifted as a set or individually. I prefer to give them individually wrapped in jute wine bottle gift bags.
29. Hu Kitchen Chocolate – Delicious, made with wholesome ingredients, and ethically sourced, this is one of my absolute favorite chocolates.
30. Purity Coffee (SAVE 20% WITH CODE MP20) – For the houses that run on laughter, love, and coffee. This is the only coffee I’ve found that is both organic and screened for mycotoxins and pesticides. Also, they use a unique roasting process that maximizes antioxidants while minimizing stuff your body doesn’t want like acrylamide.
31. Chemex Glass Coffee Maker – For the person who enjoys a really good cup of coffee, this is a great gift. As I shared in my post on why I switched, it brews coffee that is much less acidic and more smooth, and there’s literally no plastic involved. Don’t forget filters!
Bold Flavors for Foodies
32. Haus Apéritif Botanical Cocktail Kit – Popular in Europe for centuries and now increasingly popular in the U.S., apéritifs are low-ABV alcohols (less than whiskey, more than wine) that have been infused with fruits, herbs, and botanicals. Haus uses organic ingredients whenever possible and this kit comes with 20+ recipes to try. The set includes four flavors:
- Citrus Flower – Lemon, Orange Peel & Elderflower
- New Fashioned – Saigon Cinnamon, Ginger & Clove
- Grapefruit Jalapeño – Grapefruit, Jalapeño & Makrut Lime Leaf
- Rose Rosé – Strawberry, Raspberry & Dried Wild Rose
33. Truffle Salt – Most truffle salts are made with a blend of natural and synthetic flavorings, but not this one. Instead of skimping on the truffles and trying to increase the flavor profile with 2,4-dithiapentane, HEPP’S uses 100% Sicilian natural sea salt and 6% real black truffles. It’s delicious on french fries, popcorn, steak, and pasta . . . even scrambled eggs!
34. Lion’s Mane Mushroom Growing Kit – Lion’s mane is delicious when sauteed with equal parts honey and butter.
Kitchen Gifts That Will Delight
35. Cook Once, Eat All Week: 26 Weeks of Gluten-Free, Affordable Meal Prep to Preserve Your Time & Sanity – Created by Fed and Fit founder Cassy Joy Garcia, this meal prep method promises to cut your meal prep time in half and get dinner on the table in under 30 minutes each night. With a 4.6 star rating and 6,879 reviews, it’s one of the most beloved healthy cookbooks on Amazon. There are a few recipes that have corrections/updates which you can find here.
36. Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher (BACK IN STOCK MONDAY – Save 15% with MP15 on your first order) – This is my top countertop filter recommendation in terms of performance and price. Unlike most pitcher filters which barely do more than improve water taste by removing chlorine, it’s certified to remove 270+ contaminants – more than any other model I researched – all while keeping beneficial minerals intact.
37. Stainless Steel Wine Tumbler – I love that this tumbler is shatterproof so that I can relax when my kids unload the dishwasher. It’s perfect for serving wine, mocktails, hot apple cider, or hot cocoa at picnics, pool side parties, beach bonfires and camping trips. Also, if you haven’t checked them out yet, Dry Farm Wines is the healthiest and best collection of wines I’ve ever tasted.
39. Air Fryer + Multi-Purpose Instant Pot In One – Long live tender Instant Pot meals plus crispy wings, fries and more.
40. Paleo Cooking with Your Air Fryer: 80+ Recipes for Healthier Fried Food in Less Time – Written by Dr. Karen Lee, who has also tackled the Instant Pot and shared her recipes with us before, this looks like a delicious introduction to using an air fryer.
41. Real Plans Membership – Know anyone who could use a personal assistant in the kitchen? Real Plans is way more than a meal generator or menu planner, it’s a personalized experience that takes your schedule into account, knows your dietary quirks, and even delivers a shopping list to your phone so you never forget anything. Did I say you? I meant your gift recipient. Or you, if you need an assistant, too!
Gifts That Make Road Trips (And Daily Trips) More Enjoyable
42. Clearly Filtered Water Bottle (SAVE 15% ON YOUR FIRST ORDER WITH MP15) – These bottles can “transform ordinary tap water into clean and safe drinking water by simply sipping through the straw. Wherever the day takes you, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your tap water is free from up to 99.9% of 220+ contaminants. Perfect for the gym, water fountains, restaurants, and more.”
43. Car Seat Headrest Hooks – Sometimes it really is the little things that make life better. With three kids sharing our backseat, leg room is important . . . and so is having stuff available to keep them fed and entertained during long car trips. These hooks make it easy to have snacks, books, and more readily available. They also work well for holding shopping bags (instead of everything falling over when you drive).
44. Jute Market Tote – This sturdy bag can be used as a grocery bag, shopping tote, or carryall. This one is really cute, too. Just fyi, the photo shows the front and bag of one bag, not two separate bags. 🙂
45. Stainless Steel YETI Insulated Coffee Tumbler – This tumbler keeps drinks hot or cold for hours and – unlike many tumblers – is dishwasher safe.
46. Essential Oil Car Diffuser – This makes short errands and long road trips so much more enjoyable!
47. Essential Oil Travel Tote – I keep this small tote in my bag for day-to-day use – the sides are linked with little pockets that hold essential oils bottles. It would pair perfectly with a car diffuser as a gift.
Self-Care & Beauty Gifts
48. Santal Black Everyday Fragrance & Body Oil – Many perfumes hide endocrine disruptors and other harmful ingredients under the catchall label of fragrance, but this light everyday fragrance and body oil lists every one. It’s got a smooth aroma with sandalwood, vanilla and black pepper notes.
49. Skin Renewing Face Masks – Made with organic rose petals, Italian red clay, and other pure ingredients, these face masks are as nourishing as they are beautiful.
50. Natural Pumice Stone – Made from hardened lava, this pumice stone is perfect for removing dry, rough skin from feet and elbows. Can be paired with homemade whipped body butter or store-bought body butter.
51. Rose Quartz Face Roller & Gua Sha Set – Face rolling promotes circulation for healthy-looking skin, releases muscle tension in the face, and supports lymphatic flow (which may reduce the appearance of puffiness). This set includes a face roller which is mostly for circulation and lymph flow, and a gua sha stone for fascial release.
52. Zer0 Nail Polish from 100% Pure – These polishes are free of formaldehyde, toluene, dibutyl phthalate, phthalates, formaldehyde resin and other harmful ingredients commonly found in nail polish. They’re gluten-free, too.
53. Hair Fork – Helps hold messy buns in place while adding a bit of style. I’ve had a wood one similar to the above picture for years, but these metal ones look like good options, too. This wood flower is pretty, too.
54. Peroxide-Free Teeth Whitening Kit – This is an effective and healthier alternative to traditional teeth whitening trays, which use peroxide. Peroxide does whiten teeth, but it can also damage enamel and increase tooth sensitivity. This system uses an activated charcoal gel and blue LED light to whiten teeth without peroxide!
55. Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Serum from 100% Pure – Helps reduce puffiness and brightens the under eye area. If you’re already placing an order with 100% Pure and want to add another wonderful addition to your cart, consider this Matcha Oat Milk Nourishing Mask.
56. Wakeup Light – Our circadian rhythms – which guide when we feel alert and when we feel sleepy – are tied to light and darkness. This wakeup light simulates sunrise, which helps our bodies body synchronize our internal clocks (which are often dysregulated due to blue light at night, etc.) so that we knows when to dial up the hormones that produce energy, and when to make the ones that help us drift off to sleep.
57. 100% Silk Pillowcase – Cotton and polyester pillowcases create more friction on skin and hair than silk, which some people say contributes to morning puffiness and more frizzy hair for people with wavy or curly hair. Cotton also tends to absorb oil and bacteria, which may lead to breakouts for some people. Silk tends to absorb less, which is why some dermatologists recommend it for acne-prone or sensitive skin.
58. Sound + Sleep SE Noise Machine– If you’ve ever tried to drown out the sound of barking dogs, loud neighbors, or other disruptive sounds, you know how helpful sound machines can be for falling (and staying) asleep. Unfortunately, as I cover in this article, white noise machines contain harsh, high-pitched frequencies that can actually raise cortisol levels, which is why many manufacturers have begun offering other (more soothing) colors of noise – particularly pink and brown. With 64 settings, the Sound + Sleep SE pretty much has it all.
Fitness & Recovery Gifts
59. Sunny Health Row-N-Ride – When my gym temporarily closed a year or so ago I found myself craving a good row session. I ended up buying this machine that is a cross between a squat and a row machine and I absolutely love it. They have some videos on Youtube that your recipient can follow along with, and it folds up easily so that it’s out of the way when not in use.
60. MyoBuddy Massager (FREE SHIPPING WITH CODE MOMMYPOTAMUS) – This myofascial release massager is helpful for people who tend to carry a lot of muscle tension, are athletes, or deal with chronic pain. It does all types of massage: Relaxation, Trigger Point, Deep Tissue, Recovery, Sports, Circulatory, Friction, Percussion, and Mobility. I use it in the same pattern I learned for dry brushing to support detox and lymph flow. It’s incredibly relaxing and something I look forward to instead of just checking it off my to-do list.
Gift Guide For Men ^
Clean Personal Care
61. Striking Viking Beard Oil Set – Crafted with organic ingredients, this set contains four blends (Vanilla, Citrus, Cedar & Sandalwood) that soften beard scruff and moisturize facial skin.
62. Honest Amish Beard Balm – If your guy’s beard needs deep conditioning power, this balm is the way to go. It’s made with organic oils and natural butters like hokum and cocoa butter, plus organic essential oils.
63. Toups & Co. Frankincense Tallow Balm (SAVE 15% WITH MPHOLIDAY15) – This stuff smells amazing.Tallow is uniquely compatible with our skin’s biology, leaving it supple and nourished after use.
64. Shower Scalp Massager – In addition to just feeling amazing, this scalp massager removes dandruff and/or hair product buildup and helps clear clogged follicles. (Clogged follicles can impair normal hair growth.)
65. Wild Man Grooming Kit – This woodsy-scented set is made with high-quality, natural ingredients and packaged in a rustic crate with moss and dried botanicals. Think fir needles, fresh-cut lumber, and mountain air.
Gifts for Better Nights & Mornings
66. Blue Blocking Glasses from Defendershield (SAVE 10% WITH CODE MP10) – Computer screens, TV’s, phones and even regular light bulbs emit blue light, which the body perceives as sunlight. Blue light exposure after sundown can suppresses the release of melatonin, which disrupts our bodies process of preparing for sleep at night. My husband I and both wear blue blocking glasses at night – they’ve definitely helped us fall asleep easier and improved our overall sleep quality.
67. Swanwick Sleep Aviator Blue Blocking Glasses (SAVE 10% OFF ORDERS OVER $45 WITH MP10) – Like the Defendershield glasses mentioned above, these blue light glasses can improve sleep by filtering out melatonin-disrupting blue light.
68. Cooling Bamboo Weighted Blanket from Luna – Perfect for hot sleepers, this blanket helps calm the sympathetic nervous system (fight or flight mode) and increase parasympathetic activity (rest and recuperation mode). It can be used in the daytime to create a sense of well-being.
69. Four Sigmatic Powdered Mushroom Coffee With Chaga and Cordyceps (SAVE 15% WITH MP15) – Infused with mushrooms that support brain function and help the body adapt to stress, Four Sigmatic powdered coffees just need to be mixed with water. My husband and I always keep a few packages stashed away in our bags – my purse, his satchel – for coffee emergencies. 🙂
70. YETI Tumbler – We’ve had these for years and love how well they keep drinks hot/cold. They’re also extremely durable and dishwasher safe.
Fitness & Recovery Gifts
71. TimTam Pocket Massager – Great for people who primarily deal with tough muscle knots and aches. Massage guns combine percussion therapy with vibration therapy to help release tension in both surface and deep tissue layers. Many are in the $400+ range, but this one is about half that and is made by one of the highest rated manufacturers on the market.
72. Massage Lacrosse Balls for Myofascial Release, Trigger Point Therapy, Muscle Knots, and Yoga Therapy – To use these, just tell the recipient to place the ball on the area with muscle tension and then lean their weight onto it. Super easy and so helpful!
73. Shiatsu Pillow Massager with Heat – We have one of these and it’s amazing for working on the neck, shoulders, lower back, thighs and calves.
Travel & Tech Gifts
74. Eco-Friendly Leather Messenger/Laptop Bag – This bag is very sturdy and perfect for a laptop (15 inch or smaller) and a few books. It’s made with natural tanning techniques and is ethically crafted by an artisan community in the desert region of Rajasthan, India.
75. DefenderShield Phone Case (SAVE 10% WITH CODE MP10) – Independently tested, this phone case uses conductive, non-conductive and advanced absorption shielding materials together to block, divert, and absorb EMFs, Radio Frequency (RF) and heat radiation.
76. Leather Toiletry Case – Can be paired with tallow balm or a collection of travel-sized essentials.
77. Kindle Paperwhite – This e-reader is my husband’s favorite way to read. After hours on a computer, the Kindle offers convenience without the eyestrain of a computer screen. It’s smaller than a tablet and lights up in the dark so he can read without a flashlight. I like that he can add to his library often without us having to install extra bookshelves we don’t really have space for. (Fyi, he downloads books via wifi and then reads in airplane mode to keep the device low-EMF.)
Gourmet Gifts for Guys
78. Haus Apéritif Botanical Cocktail Kit – Popular in Europe for centuries and now increasingly popular in the U.S., apéritifs are low-ABV alcohols (less than whiskey, more than wine) that have been infused with fruits, herbs, and botanicals. Haus uses organic ingredients whenever possible and this kit comes with 20+ recipes to try. The set includes four flavors: Citrus Flower, New Fashioned, Grapefruit Jalapeño, and Rose Rosé .
79. Primal Palate Spice Blends – They say variety is the spice of life . . . I say spices add variety. 🙂 These blends are SO flavorful and come in a few different sets that will make great gifts:
- Signature Blend Trio – Adobo Seasoning, Meat & Potatoes Seasoning, and Barbecue Rub
- Food Lovers Pack – New Bae Seasoning (their take on Old Bay), Amore (their take on Italian Seasoning), and Jerk Seasoning
- Griddle & Grill Pack – Steak Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, & Seafood Seasoning
80. Clean Wine – Dry Farm Wines offers curated collections of 6 or 12 bottles delivered directly to your (or your recipient’s) door. They offer an annual membership as a gift, but you can also buy individual boxes here. As I mentioned in this post on the benefits of wine, it’s hands down the healthiest collection of wines I’ve ever found. Every wine they make is grown with organic practices and doesn’t contain Mega Purple food coloring or sawdust, which are just some of the 70+ approved additives used in conventional wine. Each bottle is virtually sugar-free, containing less than 1g/L of total sugars (including fructose and glucose).
81. Solar Phone Charger – This water resistant solar charger comes with two ports so that phones can be charged simultaneously. It also has a built-in flashlight.
82. Firestarter Set – Have you ever started a fire with nothing but some kindling and striker? Me neither, but your recipient can with the überleben Zünden Fire Starter. It can throw sparks in any weather and at any altitude, and it’s designed to be carried around the neck for easy portability.
83. 100 Parks, 5,000 Ideas: Where To Go, When To Go, What To See, What To Do – For the guy that’s craving a little adventure, this National Geographic guide to U.S. and Canadian parks is perfect for planning family experiences.
84. Stainless Steel Manual Coffee Grinder – For travel, camping and hiking. Because coffee.
85. Portable Hammock for Backyard, Beach, Hiking, and Camping – This strong, lightweight hammock is easy to setup and very durable.
Gift Guide For Teens ^
86. Mother Dirt Probiotic Skincare for Acne – Perfect for acne-prone skin, Mother Dirt uses prebiotics and probiotics in combination with a gentle acid to support skin clarity. They partner with the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics as well as the Green Chemistry and Commerce Council to promote safe skincare.
88. Zer0 Nail Polish from 100% Pure – These polishes are free of formaldehyde, toluene, dibutyl phthalate, phthalates, formaldehyde resin and other harmful ingredients commonly found in nail polish. They’re gluten-free, too.
89. Wakeup Light – Our circadian rhythms – which guide when we feel alert and when we feel sleepy – are tied to light and darkness. This wakeup light simulates sunrise, which helps our bodies body synchronize our internal clocks (which are often dysregulated due to blue light at night, etc.) so that we knows when to dial up the hormones that produce energy, and when to make the ones that help us drift off to sleep.
90. Bedshelfie – Creates bedside storage without taking up floor space.
91. Unisex Organic Cotton Beanie – Lightweight and comfy.
92. Tea Tree Detox Mask from 100% Pure – Supports skin clarity without being overly harsh.
93. “Words To Live By” Hidden Message Bracelet – These stainless steel bracelets contain a hidden message that is inscribed on the inside. Many of the inscriptions are inspirational phrases like “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations” and “Beautiful girl, you can do hard things,” but some are not teen appropriate. If profanity offends you be aware that there are quite a few on the product listing alongside other options. If you don’t see a phrase that you love, you can customize your own.The JoyCuff bracelet comes in a nice box that works well for gifting.
94. DefenderShield Phone Case (SAVE 10% WITH CODE MP10) – Independently tested, this phone case uses conductive, non-conductive and advanced absorption shielding materials together to block, divert, and absorb EMFs, Radio Frequency (RF) and heat radiation.
95. Wooden Flower Hair Fork – Helps hold messy buns in place while adding a bit of style. I’ve had a wood one similar to the above picture for years, but these metal ones look like good options, too. This one is simple and beautiful, too.
100. Dry Shampoo– This is a great option with a fresh scent and safe ingredients.
101. Natural Bath Bombs Gift Set – Handmade in the United States using high quality ingredients like organic shea butter, Dead Sea salt, kaolin clay and essential oils like eucalyptus, vanilla and chamomile, these bath bombs are beautifully packaged for gifting.
103. Amazon Gift Card – Because sometimes the best gift is the one they choose.
104. Pre-Diluted Frankincense Essential Oil Roll-On – Helpful for emotional grounding and immune support. Also smells good. 🙂
Gift Guide For Kids ^
See the Gifts for The Whole Family section for more ideas.
105. Chef Junior: 100 Super Delicious Recipes for Kids by Kids – I **might** be biased, but this is a must-have for kids. Written by my daughter Katie along with several of her friends, it introduces basic cooking skills alongside mouthwatering recipes that kids will love. In terms of life skills, cooking is one of my top priorities as a parent. Knowing what a nourishing meal consists of and how to prepare it is essential to a growing child’s health and well-being.
106. Water Garden Water Garden & Fish Tank – This tank incorporates plants into the design to simulate an ecosystem that keeps the water clean for longer than regular tanks. A heater is needed for bettas and other tropical fish.
107. Fort Building Kit – For younger kids (5-7) this is a fun way to encourage imagination and problem-solving skills.
108. Clearly Filtered Water Bottle for Kids (SAVE 15% ON YOUR FIRST ORDER WITH MP15) – These bottles can “transform ordinary tap water into clean and safe drinking water by simply sipping through the straw. Wherever the day takes you, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your tap water is free from up to 99.9% of 220+ contaminants.” Perfect for the gym, school, water fountains, restaurants, and more.
109. Adams Healing Adventures – Whether it’s starting a healing diet or just wondering why friends have “fun” snacks that your family doesn’t eat, kids don’t always understand the “why” behind healthy choices. When they do, though, it makes it easier to embrace the process. This book from my friend and Mommypotamus site medical reviewer, Madiha Saeed, MD, follows a young boy named Adam who has asthma, allergies and eczema on his healing journey. It helps kids understand inflammation, the power of gratitude, stress management, gut health, rainbow (antioxidant-rich) foods, the importance of getting out in nature, detoxification, sleep, and the power of good foods. There’s a new book in the series coming out next week that can be preordered here.
110. Mini Trampoline – I bought a folding trampoline when my kids were little so that they could “get out their wiggles” on cold, rainy days. Even though they’re older now they still use it, which I love because it supports healthy lymph flow (a part of healthy immune function).
111. Sensory Swing – This pod swing creates a comfy, peaceful environment for kids to play, read, or just unwind. It’s made with 100% cotton breathable fabric.
112. Puzzle Projector That Really Works – Although it says its for kids that are 14+, I’m considering it for my 11 year old who is very good with engineering-type stuff. This amazing looking 3D Machinarium Robot looks like a good option, too, and it’s made for kids 8+. Actually, ROKR has so many options that will fascinate kids it’s probably best just to check out their whole collection.
113. Real Wood Ukulele – My two oldest kids take piano classes online and love it. They’ve been asking about other instruments and this is one I’m considering (along with an online class through Udemy).
114. Catan Board Game – My kids love this game and with over 10,800 five-star ratings on Amazon it looks like a lot of other people do, too.
115. Edible Organic Gourmet Mushroom Growing Kit – The kids get a fascinating look at the natural world, and you get edible mushrooms. Win win!
116. Life On Earth Memory Matching Game – This is the game we knew as “Memory” when we were kids, only it has gorgeous, vibrant colors and nature-inspired scenes.
117. Q&A a Day – Ask your kids one fun question every day for a year and write down their responses. Then the next year, you ask them all the same questions and see how their responses change as they grow.
118. Piggy Paint Nail Polish – Comes in fun colors and is free of formaldehyde, toluene, phthalates, Bisphenol A, ethyl acetate and acetone.
119. Wobble Board – Perfect for easing restlessness during colder months when kids are stuck inside more, this wobble board supports development of the vestibular system (which is connected to both balance and the ability to regulate emotions).
120. Newtons Laws STEM Construction Kit – Kids learn all about Newton’s Laws of Motion by building working models like a catapult, a drag racer, a balloon powered plane, and more.
121. Salt Lamp Night Light – I love that these give off warm light instead of blue light, which can disrupt melatonin production and keep kids awake.
122. Balance Bike – Training wheels were the norm for most of us, but these days many parents opt for balance bikes, which are easy to ride and help kids develop the balance, coordination, strength and fine motor skills needed to transition to a regular bike.
123. Buddha Board – This “canvas” allows you to paint and then watch your art fade away like disappearing ink. My daughter selected this as her souvenir on a trip and it was such a hit.
124. Beeswax Crayons – These crayons come in a thick version (for little hands) and a thin version for older kids. They’re made with 100% beeswax and non-toxic pigments.
125. Sun Art – Kids make a “photograph” without a camera . . . and the results are beautiful! My kids have created some with leaves and ferns that are totally frameworthy.
126. Herbal Adventures: Backyard Excursions and Kitchen Creations for Kids and Their Families – If you have any interest in herbalism and want your kids to discover the edible and medicinal plants growing just beyond your front door, this is an amazing book! They’ll discover how to make homemade elderflower soda, itch-fix balm, nature’s paintbrushes, tummy tea and more. Some recipes call for fresh herbs, but it’s also possible to skip the foraging and dive into making the recipes with purchased, dried herbs.
127. Magna Tiles – These were more of an investment but my boys love them and play with them for hours on end each week. Because of their simplicity and ease of use, these were the first building blocks all three kids enjoyed together.
128. Perplexus – This 3D marble maze game challenges children to use spatial reasoning, motor skills, and hand-eye coordination. My son discovered it at a friend’s house and couldn’t put it down!
129. Blue Blocking Glasses For Kids (SAVE 10% WITH CODE MP10) – When we wind down a busy day with a movie, I make sure my littles wear blue blocking glasses so that the blue light from the t.v. doesn’t make it difficult for them to fall asleep. I want them to be able to fall asleep easily because it’s good for them . . and good for me. 🙂 My favorite brands are:
130. Catch and Release Aquarium – One day at the beach my family made friends with a family that was playing with this aquarium. All the kids had so much fun we got one of our own, and my littles have use it to catch minnows, crabs, frogs, lizards and more. You’ll need a net to go with it – we use this one.
131. Natural Paints – Made with natural pigments, organic cornstarch and tree sap, these watercolor paints create beautiful, earthy colors.
132. Magnesium Lotion – This “magic mineral” infused lotion is great for easing achy muscles and supporting sleep. It’s really helpful for easing growing pains, too.
133. Cotton Pajamas – Every year I buy my kids a new pair of 100% cotton, OKEO-Tex certified pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve . . . and throughout the remaining 364 days until the next year. They’re super cute for photos, durable, and comfy.
134. Pajama Bottoms – To go with the tops. 🙂
Gifts for Babies & Pregnant Mamas ^
135. Organic Milestone Blanket – These didn’t exist when my kids were babies and I want a do-over! Basically, the idea is that the blankets have numbers on them that can be “circled” in photos using stars (and other objects) to show babies age. You take photos every month and then look at them together to see how baby has grown.
136. Hope & Henry Organic Romper – My husband introduced me to Hope & Henry organic cotton clothing last year and I pretty much love ALLLLL of the baby stuff. This is exhibit A. 🙂 This one is made with 100% organic cotton except for the trim. Completely adorable.
137. Organic Love To Dream Swaddle – This blanket soothes babies while allowing them to sleep with their hands up around their head instead of tight by their side. I’ve heard great things about it from several moms, and it gets rave reviews online, too. Here’s one:
We are third time parents, and we’ve never been good at swaddling. And, who are we kidding?, at Bleery-eye o’clock in the morning, who really wants to try to origami baby back into a bundle after that extreme diaper blowout? Enter Love to Dream! We looooove this swaddle! Our 5-week-old daughter has taken to it like a dream. We ordered the smaller size, and it fit all 10lbs 1.7 oz, 22 inches of her newborn self! I was put at ease knowing she wasn’t in danger of smothering like she would be with a blanket (even if it were tucked per safety recommendations, I always worry about blankets around my babies. Always.). She was cozy and comfortable. With a quick unzip from her feet up, we are able to keep her pretty cozy while changing her, so mid-nap or midnight changes haven’t been rude awakenings for her. I definitely recommend these, and will be buying more for her as she grows!”
138. EMF Blanket from Defendershield (SAVE 10% WITH MP10) – Made with organic bamboo, this blanket is a great option for pregnant mamas who need to be near a computer often throughout the day.
139. The Mama Natural Week-by-Week Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth – I love this book so much I wrote an entire article about it. It’s beautifully illustrated and written with real mamas in mind. Genevieve literally had me crying in the opening pages as she talked about her own birth experiences, and the whole book feels like a fascinating conversation instead of a list of do’s and don’ts. (Weird fact, Genevieve and I birthed our babies within 24 hours of each other, and then three years later we did it again.)
140. Serenity Kids Sampler Pack – This low sugar baby food that uses only ethically sourced meats, organic savory veggies, and healthy fats. I wish it been around when my kids were little, especially for days we were on the go.
141. NoseFrida Nasal Aspirator – Okay, the whole idea behind this thing is kind of gross, but it’s one of those practical gifts that can be a lifesaver when a mama has a congested baby and can’t wait two days for one to be delivered. Congested babies who don’t sleep well lead to mamas who don’t sleep well, and babies and mamas need sleep, you know?
Gifts for the Whole Family ^
142. BioBalance PEMF Mat (USE CODE 1HD-BB to save $75) – After trying different PEMF therapy devices at friends’ houses, my functional medicine MD’s office, and via sessions with a local PEMF therapist, I finally decided to test a couple of devices for at-home use. The BioBalance stood out to me because it has a Sleep Program that can be used before or during sleep and will run for up to 12 hours. Here’s what I think after using it for 6+ months. Click here for more info on the benefits of PEMF, and here for my full review of the BioBalance.
143. Whole Body Vibration Plate – My first experience with whole body vibration therapy was at a wellness clinic, and it made such a difference in my overall well-being that I bought one when I returned home. It supports detoxification (via lymphatic drainage) and calms the sympathetic (fight or flight) nervous system. It can also be used to amplify the effectiveness of exercise, and my husband and I use it for at-home workouts.
144. Infrared Sauna (Mention Mommypotamus for up to $600 off and a free backrest) – This is hands-down one of the best wellness gift my family has ever invested in. My husband and kids use it almost every morning to start their day and I use it at night to wind down. You can read more about the benefits of sauna therapy here and my review of the sauna I have in my home here.
145. TimTam Pocket Massager – This massager is primarily for people who deal with tough muscle knots and aches, the massage guns that have taken over social media lately may be a good option. The best ones combine percussion therapy with vibration therapy to help release tension in both surface and deep tissue layers. Many are in the $400+ range, but this one is about half that and is made by one of the highest rated manufacturers on the market.
146. Organix Bed by IntelliBED (Use code MOMMYPOTAMUS for 10% off + Free delivery + Free Mattress Protector + Free Weighted Blanket) – My husband and I LOVE our mattress – read about what makes them different here. Another great option is My Green Mattress. They make the most affordable certified organic mattresses I know of, which is pretty amazing since they handcraft them in the United States.
147. MyoBuddy Massager (FREE SHIPPING WITH CODE MOMMYPOTAMUS ) – This myofascial release massager does all types of massage: Relaxation, Trigger Point, Deep Tissue, Recovery, Sports, Circulatory, Friction, Percussion, and Mobility. I use ours pretty much every day, and my husband uses it pretty often, too. I also occasionally use it to massage my kids backs before bed and they LOVE it.
149. Ninja Warrior Obstacle Course for Kids – A couple of years ago I read a book called Playborhood, which is all about creating opportunities for play in front and backyards. This easy to set-up kit helps you create your own backyard gym/obstacle course, and based on the rave reviews kids love it.
Know someone who might find this list helpful?
Please share it with them! 🙂